Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Little Cultural Mistakes ....

So my brother is working in India running a mining team or something. He's getting paid a lot but he's quickly finding out what living in the third world is all about. He shared with me this little adventure that happened the other day, and now I'm going to share it with you. Perhaps then some of you could share similar experiences of being an ignorant tard in a foreign country and we can all laugh at you.

Anyway,

My bro is out in the middle of nowhere in some hick Indian town and he's busting for a piss. There's nowhere for him to go and he's worried about flopping it out and causing the Indians some shame/embarrasment/envy that sort of thing. Eventually one of the other guys tells him to just take it over to the side of a building already which my bro does.

So he's hunched up against the side of a building which is a little off the road and thus more out of sight. And he's having a good piss. He discribed it as one of those pisses that make you groan out loud. Lets assume he's making suitable groaning type noises as this is going on.

Some Indian dude comes down the street on a bicycle, see's my bro pissing against the wall and stops and starts yelling at him. The convo goes something like this;

Indian dude, (with suitable Peter Sellers type accent): What the feck are you doing? What the feck are you doing man?!!"

My bro: "What the feck do you want? Can't you see I'm fecking pissing here?"

Which went on for a bit until the Indian dude told my brother that he was going to kill him with his friends and promptly rode off. My bro shrugs, zips up and goes over to the rest of his team who are dying of laughter. He asks them what's so funny about the situatiion. That's when they tell him that the building he was urinating against was a temple. An Islamic temple.

At that moment they see about twenty angry Indian dudes coming up the road on bicycles and they sure don't seem like they want a game of cricket. Everyone jumped in the 4x4's and got the hell out of there.

I think he's assimilating well.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Little Cultural Mistakes ....

The Muslim community frowns on your brother's shenanigans.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM

i was in Costa Rica and my sister's friend was surfing. He didnt have swimming trunks and the shorts he was wearing held onto water too much and became heavy and were causing him problems.

So he decides to surf naked. obv this isnt as common as pissing out in the open and. The locals were pissed. The fact that they didnt like it didnt surprise me, but i thought they were going to kill him. I didnt really care bc he was a jackass but it amazed me how upset they got
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM

adsman, I'm not sure that desecrating a temple by pissing on it falls under the category of a "little" cultural mistake.

-McGee
Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM

Posting this was mistake #1.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a humorless nit

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp. Got nothing to share, however.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 PM

And we wonder why they don't like us
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Story is funny. Of course, that would be a hate crime in America and the guy would probably get 10-20 in the federal pen for his 'little' mistake.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Story is funny. Of course, that would be a hate crime in America and the guy would probably get 10-20 in the federal pen for his 'little' mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

The stuff I did in Africa, if it had been the USA, I'd still be inside now.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless your name is Ozzy. then youre just banned from playing in San Antonio for life (later to have the ban lifted).