Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 09:22 PM

Default should i continue playing poker? lost my bankroll 3 times but broken

I started playing poker online in january and turned $50 into $500 in about 1 month playing pot limit omaha and holdem on poker stars, bodog, and full tilt. (i wisely cashed out) The previous month for me has been full of bad beats, bad decisions, and severe tilting. After depositing $100 on bodog, i made it up to $700 in a week (playing 5-10 cent holden and 10-25 cent potlimit omaha and low limits Sng's) and lost it all on one day due to severe tilt, playing at limits beyond my control, and not stopping when I should have. A few days after I lost the $700 I redeposited on bodog $50 and turned in into $200 before losing it all again due to severe tilt. I stopped playing for a week but I knew I wanted to play again and I knew I could win back all the profit I lost. So I deposited another $50 on bodog and in two days I turned it into $275. However on the third day I lost it all because I kept going on to higher limits in order to regain my bankroll fast. (i know I was making a mistake by doing this but I couldnt control myself) Indeed I lost it all on a bad run of cards. I stopped playing for 3 months and recently deposited $100 on full tilt. In 3 days I turned the $100 into $500 by playing sit n goes holdem on full tilt. (note: i was playing 5 dollar Sng's heads up winning about 20/25 times) A few days ago I decided to test out the no-limit omaha tables on full tilt. After 2 bad beats costing me $50 each, i went a higher limit and bought in for my remaining bankroll. I lost a $1100 pot in which I was leading until the river. My problem is I do not know when to stop playing. I perfectly well understand the mistakes I am making and now I understand the consequences of severe tilt. I have an urge to redeposit on full tilt. Should I? Overall I actually have not lost money playing poker online. I am probably up by $150-$250. But I keep turning small amounts of money ($50-100) into larger amounts and squandering it away due to terrible decisions and tilt. Right now I feel determined to deposit $50 into full tilt, and focus, concentrate, and remain in control of my actions. I want to turn my $50 into +$1000. Should I attempt this again? or is it simply not for me? I know I am an above average poker player with terrible bankroll management. what should i do?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: should i continue playing poker? lost my bankroll 3 times but bro

tldr
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM

dr
Old 11-07-2007, 09:24 PM

Standard. Rinse and repeat until next paycheck.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: should i continue playing poker? lost my bankroll 3 times but broken

[ QUOTE ]
"... now I understand the consequences of severe tilt. I have an urge to redeposit on full tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

what !?!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 PM

i cant stand huge blocks of unreadable text
Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 PM

I saw VP$IP's avatar and thought Patrik del poker Grande had come back. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw VP$IP's avatar and thought Patrik del poker Grande had come back. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

o god no
Old 11-07-2007, 10:43 PM

My advice is: Deposit enough for 100 of the lowest SNG buyins. Just play single table SNGs. Then move up to the next level with anything greater than the 100 buyins.

Example: Deposit $110. This covers 100 $1.10 SNG buyins. Play until you have 112.20. You can now enter 1 $2.20 SNG. If you stay above $110, keep playing the $2.20s until you reach $220, then move up. Rinse and repeat.
If you fall below $220, you must play 2.20s. Likewise, if you fall below $110, you must play 1.10s.

Also, make a spreadsheet to keep track of 100 SNGs. Let's say you play 100 1.10s. You're instantly $110 in the hole when you begin the 100 SNG session. Make the spreadsheet so it automatically keeps a running total. You can see when you break even, and go into profit, etc.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:43 PM

[x] lifetilt has been induced