Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I are trying, but haven't had any success yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyone have any tips they can offer? Like, no clean up? Hang her by her feet afterwards? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I've heard when you are trying, you should do it every other day rather than every day so the man juice can properly rebuild, any truth to this?

Thanks for any tips [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have really mindblowing sex where you climax at exactly the same time. This is easier than in sounds. Just have a very, very, very extended foreplay session with tons of kissing and rubbing bodies against each other, but NO TOUCHING THE GENITALS except as a passing, teasing sweep - at the end of which you'll both be chomping at the bit (which I realise is a terrible metaphor in this context), and then finally have sex. It won't last very long mind you, but it will be (i) very, very mindblowing, and (ii) will almost certainly involve both of you climaxing at the same time.

After, don't let the lady get up again till morning, and put a pillow under the bit where her butt meets her legs.

If it's a boy, call him Mark.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, and I apologize if it's been asked in this thread...I skimmed through and didn't see it, but yah...

So, we started Lamaze classes and the whole "I'm actually going to be a dad" thing is starting to hit me like a ton of bricks. As excited as I am, I am also scared spitless. Just looking for a little reassurance that this is normal and that it's gonna be OK. I've talked about my concerns with my wife, but I don't think I've let on just how much I'm shaken to the core with the thought of being directly responsible for a human life.

Specifically, more tips/trip reports of actually being in the delivery room would be awesome (I think this is the part that freaks me out the most), as well as what to expect in the first couple of weeks/months after bringing new baby home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bumped this thread anyway, but there's some good ones in here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post5632511
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM

And we're off to the hospital.

Will be a father tonight or tomorrow

whoa
Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And we're off to the hospital.

Will be a father tonight or tomorrow

whoa

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 AM

Good luck!!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 AM

4am update from hospital wifi.

We originally planned on a completely natural labor, but our last ultrasound showed that Sophy was 8lbs 5oz, and Mary was still not dilated... So we needed to induce labor to avoid a high risk of c-section.

She started naturally contracting about 6 hours before we were scheduled to start the induction process. They gave her the first dose of prostaglandins, and decided that her body will be able to do the rest of the work - so it is likely that we will get our natural labor.

Mary is a major trooper and is handling the contractions very well.

All is going good!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We originally planned on a completely natural labor, but our last ultrasound showed that Sophy was 8lbs 5oz, and Mary was still not dilated... So we needed to induce labor to avoid a high risk of c-section.

She started naturally contracting about 6 hours before we were scheduled to start the induction process. They gave her the first dose of prostaglandins, and decided that her body will be able to do the rest of the work - so it is likely that we will get our natural labor.

All is going good!

[/ QUOTE ]

soooo cool! Good luck!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I are trying, but haven't had any success yet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyone have any tips they can offer? Like, no clean up? Hang her by her feet afterwards? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I've heard when you are trying, you should do it every other day rather than every day so the man juice can properly rebuild, any truth to this?

Thanks for any tips [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have really mindblowing sex where you climax at exactly the same time. This is easier than in sounds. Just have a very, very, very extended foreplay session with tons of kissing and rubbing bodies against each other, but NO TOUCHING THE GENITALS except as a passing, teasing sweep - at the end of which you'll both be chomping at the bit (which I realise is a terrible metaphor in this context), and then finally have sex. It won't last very long mind you, but it will be (i) very, very mindblowing, and (ii) will almost certainly involve both of you climaxing at the same time.

After, don't let the lady get up again till morning, and put a pillow under the bit where her butt meets her legs.

If it's a boy, call him Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tips and oddly enough, my name is Marc, with a "c" though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Doesn't non cleanup lead to UTIs though for females?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All is going good!

[/ QUOTE ]

gogogogoogogogogo
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 AM

Looking back on this is good. It’s helping me get ready for the next one.
update: we're expecting a girl

2 days before she went into labor, we went to the park and played basketball. We didn’t think anything of it at the time. Now it seems the physical activity was responsible for the baby coming about a week early.
On new years eve we went to the movies. We saw the life aquatic. The theater was empty so we hung around for oceans 12 too. It was around this time when her mucous plug came out. It wasn’t too gross. It was a lot smaller than I expected.
She had her first contraction at home that night. Oh well, that put an end to my new years eve plans! It was go-time. I timed them for her and tried to sleep between contractions. The doc told us to call her when they were a certain frequency. That’s when I called her at 5 am on January 1. Doc was not too concerned. (Probably was out partying all night.) Wife was not in a lot of pain. Doc said just call her back if they increase.
I kept notes the whole time. (I wonder if I still have those.) This was how I tried to be helpful. We are very glad we did early labor at home. Both of us knew the baby was on its way, but we didn’t worry about it. We didn’t even talk about it really. We just played cards and ate spaghetti. When the contractions started getting close enough, I called the doc again. Doc said go in now, early afternoon.
When I got to the reception area, they gave wife a wheelchair and to me the paperwork. I think she was dilated 6cm at this point. The nurses were pleasantly surprised. They said this would be quick. Her water never did break on its own. Doc did the amniocentesis. Then wife pushed for about 45 minutes. Then a bunch of disgusting stuff happened down there. Doc asked if she could cut a little. Wife said sure. I kept my head at her eye level. The doctor’s job is to worry about the other end. I held her hand. Breathed with her. Push push push….
At 6:50pm we had a baby boy. I cut the cord! Proudest day of my life. I wouldn’t have changed a thing. They both did great.
It was a tiring ordeal. It still is, in fact. That’s about all I can say.
If she wants a drug-free labor, it is possible. I repeat, early labor at home FTW. The hospital may try to influence her decisions. It’s your family. Don’t take any risk you’re not comfortable with. Don’t give up any control you’ll want to take back. Above all, keep your mind open to the joy and surprise that await you. A healthy baby is worth whatever it takes.

Birth Weight: 7.00 lb. Height: 20.75"