Default aces from sb vs aggro villain nl 25

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $45.40
BTN: $6.45
Hero (SB): $24.95
BB: $25.35
UTG: $24.10

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, <font color="red">BB raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.95 and is All-In</font>

no stats since i dont use pokertracker so i'll post my reads:

villain seems decent and is very aggro, probably a player who will raise any two cards in a blind battle in position. i also give him credit for thinking while playing
2 orbits before i limped from sb, he raised and i called, check raised the flop and folded to a three bet.

thoughts before i write what i was thinking would be nice.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: aces from sb vs aggro villain nl 25

Preflop:

If he's only raising when you complete it's fine, otherwise i'd prefer a raise/call to give him the opportunity to bet.

Postflop:
Why dont you push on the flop? You basicly postpone your 3bet. Just stick it in on the flop or check the turn.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:09 AM

Since you played back at his PF reraise, thinking he's got ATs+ or 88+. So only hand in this range hurting you are the snowmen.

I'd RRAI on flop.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:40 AM

do u guys like the limp reraise from sb? i tried to make him think i was just sick of getting bullied around and making a move cause thats what ppl do who dont want to get bullied any longer, right?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:21 PM

i think LRR sucks pretty much, it is not part of my overall strategy. you are going to be playing OOP alot with no idea of his holding with him knowing your likely holdings.

i never openlimp the SB to an agressive player, raise or fold
Old 11-23-2007, 12:28 PM

i think its played ok, a large par of his range would be 99+, the times he has 88 or 33 suck though

edit. could have moved in on the flop

limp RR is OK it may get more in PF + spice up your game, but i think probably unnecessary at these stakes..?

you don't want many limpers who are likely to chase gutshots+ after the flop
Old 11-23-2007, 12:37 PM

I would never ever limp/raise AA. Maybe you got a suckout on this hand - don't know the results - than this is the punishment. But if you collect only the Blind its fine - better than letting the BB see the flop cheaply and risk your stack on a more or less dry 386r board!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:43 PM

i would 3bet shove flop, there's no way villain is folding with 4:1 odds, and no need to give him any free cards by calling if you're going to stick it in anyway
Old 11-23-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never ever limp/raise AA. Maybe you got a suckout on this hand - don't know the results - than this is the punishment. But if you collect only the Blind its fine - better than letting the BB see the flop cheaply and risk your stack on a more or less dry 386r board!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read the information OP posted on his villain. You should adjust to your opponents. OP said villain was hyper aggressive and raising a lot in BvB. Therefore his complete-3bet is fine.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read the information OP posted on his villain. You should adjust to your opponents. OP said villain was hyper aggressive and raising a lot in BvB. Therefore his complete-3bet is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it not better to open raise, then he 3bets and we are at the same point except we have a wider range so it is harder for him to put us on a hand + we get him to put in a Cbet almost always.

or raise and have him call and play back on the flop when we crush his range