Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: SHOULD I JUST LET THIS GO, stars 200plo8

But Buzz... assuming your calculations for when its just me against NIT.. and just heads up..without fish you recomment the line of just calling since adding fresh money to the pot turns me from positive to negative...

I would agree with you if the betting ended THERE!!!, but i assume that if a blank hits on the turn he wont be checking it behind, so i will have to commit more money on a blank card... And also by check calling, how am i meant to know what to do on a bad turn... this allows him to semi bluff any dangerous board since he would be sure i missed, since i would shove ANY a-k with free-roll options. what do i do if it repeats, or flushes, how am i to ever know what draw he is on, hence why i generally like folding in these spots,,, makes my brain hurt thinking through all these options
Old 11-01-2007, 09:28 PM

VAN HOW DID U KNOW>.... were u there on the table....... cause that isnt all that far off....lol
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this allows him to semi bluff any dangerous board since he would be sure i missed, since i would shove ANY a-k with free-roll options.

[/ QUOTE ]It wouldn't be a semi-bluff. It would either be betting with the real stuff or bluffing. But no matter.

You also have the same options. It does bring out how weak your hand is without re-draws. If you're always going to shove with "ANY a-k with free-roll options" - and if Nit reads you correctly - then you're in trouble because you're out of position. Position doesn't always matter but here it's nice to have position.

I don't think always raising is the best approach, although I'll grant always raising makes it tougher on your opponent. But that's how maniacs play!

It is tough to play against a maniac. But I think there is a more optimal way to play, assuming you are more skilled than your opponent.
[ QUOTE ]
what do i do if it repeats, or flushes, how am i to ever know what draw he is on,

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know. You're the one who said he was a nit. If he is, he has the Broadway, same as you, and possibly with re-draws.
[ QUOTE ]
hence why i generally like folding in these spots,,, makes my brain hurt thinking through all these options

[/ QUOTE ]I understand. I still don't just give up and raise or fold. I maintain this is a spot to simply call. Your "customers" are no more likely to get away if you just call than if you raise.

Buzz
Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The nit had one of two things, the nut straight or a really good draw. I would just call and shove any blank turn. If you shove now the nit is getting a good price for his draw. I dont like giving people good prices on draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll be getting great odds on the turn as well if you just call. I'd go with this if Nit was deeper.

Just shove now. You have no idea what Fish has, you just know you are crushing his range. Most nits are going to have more than the nuts when they call ur c-bet on that kind of flop.

And if your raise makes him fold a flush draw or a set, he is making a mistake.