Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: $400 PLO8 on stars....am i just far to AgRo

Fairly standard. What I would add, however, is that the amount you raise on the turn should depend on what you actually put him on. If you think he is drawing, and youre pair might actually be infront, then you need to raise the pot. If you think he is playing either a bad two pair or top pair plus draws, then you need to ensure you have enough of a bet on the river to force him out, so a less than pot sized bet on the turn might be better.

gl

bdd
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played. If you want to do something differently, you might want to call the flop and raise the turn (but I prefer your line).

I would bluff-bet any river which pairs. I put him on str8+flushdraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I *hate* guys who play like villain because their play makes absolutely no sense in most situations. It can be difficult to put them on a hand.

This could easily be top 2 from someone who thinks OP has Aces or A-2 and missed the flop.

Do we have a read as to whether this player is an idiot? I am not inclined to credit a hand with a flush draw since OP has the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] unless we know that this player is the type who would do so.

I like a raise on the flop. From pussies who make these little blocking bets, it frequently will checked to you on the turn, giving you the choice to take a free card if you want. A smaller raise on the flop would probably achieve that as well as a pop to $100. (Obviously that didn't happen here as villain bet the turn).
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn comes a blank 6, giving me the nut low draw as well.... he bets out another ridiculasly small amount, $36..... whats do u guys do now... i went with my original read that he was still blocker betting,so i went for the semibluff again and i re-raised pot... what do u guys think of that move... to over the top... whats your line here????

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had opponents SN, i could give exact answer. against Mustafa or GalatiaKid you would have 0 fold equity, but they probably don't make a $36 turn bet either.

maybe the opponent learned the art of confusing tiny bets from MegaDisgruntled, i think he holds seminars on stuff like that. sure confuses the hell out of me. "theKaiser", king of the donks, makes plays like this too.

thinking about it more, this could easily be bottom set as well as any 2-pair... typically you won't get a fold here.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM

As played, I'd just call the turn. In my experience, people that lead the flop weak, call a raise, and then weakly lead a blankish turn aren't going to fold to a raise.

If I had a King instead of Jack, I might just shove the turn.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks guys for your advice.... but i must say i am not at all less confused about the line i should have taken... its almost like you guys dont mind my raises, but still believe that they might have been a bit over the top and i should have controlled the size of the pot a bit more given i was in position, or at least thats the feel that i'm getting...

Anyway for those of you who are interested he had bottom two pair and a low flush draw....river repeated and i got stacked :-(, but thats not the point.

ahh well thats the fun of the game i guess...but its just a problem i have that when people make those small gay bets i just seem them far to often as blocker bets and just cant help putting a big raise in to take the pot here and there, esepcially when i have mega outs ad i did here...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 PM

If you had enough on the river to make a proper bet, do you think he passes? Did you know he was the kind of guy who would take cards off so loose out of position? My answer covered off precisely this situation.

gl

bdd
Old 10-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Flop bet indicates set or two pair, I would assume set myself given your opinion of villain.

Optimal play, imo:
- Flop: smooth
- 4th: Re-raising villain's lead certainly opens door to him coming over the top, imo. However, his smooth call of your re-raise tells you there is a high likelihood he doesn't have KK or TT.
- 5th: Subjective and dependent on what you're representing on 4th. To jam his river bet (after repping strength on 4th) you need to have an idea of what the odds are he will fold a made hand like AKT4 to a big re-raise.

If he has less than a set here, I have no problems with your re-raise on 4th, so long as you don't have a LAG table image.