Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: PLO50 - OK Gambol?

hand seems completely standard entire way through
Old 10-17-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
re raising pre flop is an absolute must here - the players after me will all limp if i dont, and im then in the worst position on the table on the flop, after the maniac and before all the TAG's. i think its a leak not to be reraising playable hands against this type of player in order to get it HU with position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... I forgot about your terrible relative position postflop. Perhaps this is a big leak by me. A few questions...

If he 3bets preflop are you calling or pushing?

Would it have been better to reraise smaller than pot preflop, which would eliminate the blinds and make calling a 3bet easier (less of your stack is in the middle)? I am assuming the villain is going to at least call any reraise preflop by you.

If there were a few limpers before the LAG raised, would you be worried about a limp/3bet from AAXX?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand seems completely standard entire way through

[/ QUOTE ]

this was exaclty what i thought parlay, hence me stacking off, but i was really suprised how many people thought this was a fold
Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah... I forgot about your terrible relative position postflop. Perhaps this is a big leak by me. A few questions...

If he 3bets preflop are you calling or pushing?

[/ QUOTE ]

calling, and then felting anything better than a pair

[ QUOTE ]
Would it have been better to reraise smaller than pot preflop, which would eliminate the blinds and make calling a 3bet easier (less of your stack is in the middle)? I am assuming the villain is going to at least call any reraise preflop by you.

[/ QUOTE ]

he hasnt 4 bet me pre flop so far, hes basically pushing a tight table around but dosent really want to fight - i dont tend to mini-reraise or make smaller 3 bets, thats just a personal preference as i like to keep my bets the same and also dont mind varience.

in the end i got myself into a position where i got his chips in the middle and i had the best of it. he played the hand pretty poorly post flop imo, if he had lead out on the flop its puts much more of a decision on me, but then i figured if i could play some big pots post flop i would end up getting the better of him, which i did

[ QUOTE ]
If there were a few limpers before the LAG raised, would you be worried about a limp/3bet from AAXX?

[/ QUOTE ]

the players to his right both had decent stacks and were pretty passive, even if they had limped reraised they were marked with aces and OOP against 2 agressive players, not a great spot to be in
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Against this type of guy the hands pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 02:30 PM

I definitely "gambol" here against this type of maniac-he shows up with just a King or the nut flush draw, like he had, a ton here given his stats/description.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:45 PM

I tend to wait for metter spots. He could easily be pushing naked fd :x

Edit: just saw the results post... lol oh well, once you reraise pre this hand plays itself and I like the reraise pre to isolate the monkey