Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Home Games (who do you allow)

Hi, I have been to many home games in the area, and I was wondering if you guys allowed kids to play. I have been to home games where a couple of kids were playing maybe 15 or 16 yrs. old. Is that something you guys don't allow? Or it doesnt matter?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Home Games (who do you allow)

I don't allow or invite anyone under 21 to my games. It is just asking for trouble.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't allow or invite anyone under 21 to my games. It is just asking for trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny you say that. Everytime there has been a big argument, its because the 15 yr old, opening his big mouth at the wrong time. I totally agree with you.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM

me and my regular homegamers are ages 19-25 (friends from highschool/college etc..)...so

i dont mind for younger teens to play in our games (has yet to happen), as long as they have money to play and are respectful; as in they show proper etiquette in playing. i'm not here to babysit or feel sorry for kids losing their lunch money.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 PM

I have had more trouble with cheating and bad manners from under-21 players than over-21 players and therefore I no longer allow under-21 players at all. Besides, I live in Utah and it is illegal to go outside at night if you are under 21, so by limiting my games to the 21 and over crowd, I am less visible to the authorities.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had more trouble with cheating and bad manners from under-21 players than over-21 players and therefore I no longer allow under-21 players at all. Besides, I live in Utah and it is illegal to go outside at night if you are under 21, so by limiting my games to the 21 and over crowd, I am less visible to the authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I live in Utah and it is illegal to go outside at night if you are under 21

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a joke?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I have been to many home games in the area, and I was wondering if you guys allowed kids to play. I have been to home games where a couple of kids were playing maybe 15 or 16 yrs. old. Is that something you guys don't allow? Or it doesnt matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably let a player's son or daughter play in a friendly home game if that person's father/mother was in the game with them. It would depend on the maturity of the young person and the nature of their relationship with the others in the game.

I'd never let a player like that play in a fairly serious home cash game with a bunch of adults who are aquaintences rather than close friends.

And wouldn't let a player like that into a more friendly home game without a parent playing with them.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I live in Utah and it is illegal to go outside at night if you are under 21

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. However there are some odd Utah laws that are worth an off-topic browse if you are interested.
Dumb Utah Laws
Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Im glad that was a joke, I know there are some daft laws and it really wouldnt have surprised me if it was one. Thought it best to ask [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]