FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 6. FR MP2 w/ 88
Raise 2 4.88%
Call 19 46.34%
Fold 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Default The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

I have always thought Halloween was an over-celebrated holiday, not to say that we don't go overboard on every other holiday. I was talking to some friends the other night and we were talking about we dressed up as kids for trick-or-treating and everyone of us came to the conclusion that we hated dressing up and it was basically something our parents made us do. Also, kids get candy every day I didn't want to walk blocks and blocks for a kit-kat, f that I wanted to get off the couch, go into my pantry where I could find some good candy.

Halloween is catered for kids but is a much better adult holiday imo. Raunchy costumes and amusement is the only thing good about the day/night. The candy, pumpkins, store-packaged crappy costumes and the ghost stories are all super boring--they lose their luster quickly.

Haunted houses never worked for me either. I was either too young meaning that I was scared out of my mind and hated it or I was too adult for even the best ones and numb to the fiction of the house and found the whole idea stupid. Even the greatest haunted houses don't do anything for me and I have been to some houses that have been raved about-drove to f'ing far for them too.

Pumpkins are a way to steal everyones money. There is this pumpkin patch near my house and you should see these blood thirsty business people! On the outside they make it look like a place where kids can ride on a mini-train throughout the field, and the parents are videoing the great time and kids are picking out "their favorite pumpkin." wtf?! It's a pumpkin, THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME! So these doofus families are paying all this money for these non-special pumpkins and cheesy day in a field. [censored] stupid. I mean congrats to the owners of the pumpkin patch they are doing well but it is just proof that Halloween is ridiculous and people will do anything for a "holiday." People get this holiday fever and they really get it when they have kids.

I am just glad we took some stories overboard in the early 1900's and ran w/ it so that we could create this monster /rant
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

The one redeeming thing about Halloween is the Simpsons Halloween specials. Otherwise, it's pretty idiotic, yessiree.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one redeeming thing about Halloween is the Simpsons Halloween specials. Otherwise, it's pretty idiotic, yessiree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are these still any good? Haven't seen them in years. I know because of the World Series they had to wait until this Sunday to show it. My favorite was The Shining spoof - "all work and no play makes Homer something something".
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 PM

darko,

I view Halloween as an excuse for woman to dress up in slutty outfits and therefore wholeheartedly endorse this concept.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
darko,

I view Halloween as an excuse for woman to dress up in slutty outfits and therefore wholeheartedly endorse this concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

halloween is the best holiday we have going
Old 10-31-2007, 03:44 PM

Women are easy every night gentlemen, please do better than this.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not much of a holiday guy, but when compared to the following holidays, christmas, thanksgiving, easter, valentine's day.

well, only thanksgiving is more awesome because of all the food, the rest suck worse then halloween, and halloween is typically kind of fun for me, I like it a lot more then most days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this I can lean toward a little. Holidays in general suck, I am anti-holiday in general and you pretty much took the words out of my mouth--Thanksgiving is my fav b/c of the food. V-Day is the worst, Easter sucks. Christmas you get good food again but have to deal w/ a ton of bs so that sucks. Halloween, no food and kids [censored] everywhere! Meh.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
darko,

[/ QUOTE ]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V4rUiV_Hh74
Old 10-31-2007, 05:11 PM

misfire,

2 for 2 IMO.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 PM

I'm not much of a holiday guy, but when compared to the following holidays, christmas, thanksgiving, easter, valentine's day.

well, only thanksgiving is more awesome because of all the food, the rest suck worse then halloween, and halloween is typically kind of fun for me, I like it a lot more then most days.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:40 PM

Halloween is one of the top 3 easiest nights of the year to get ass. Girls dress slutty. Candy is awesome. Everyone acts crazy.

I like Halloween.