Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Default 10NL Flop a set and river completes 4-card straight

Villian is running 50/10/4.

Villian was betting almost every card. So the reason I didn't bet out on the flop and turn is because I wanted him to put the money in. My reasoning was that he would do this with hands that he might otherwise fold if I was first to bet. On the turn I think I should have made my reraise a big larger, I guess I was scared of him folding. When he calls I am not really sure what to put him on. Before I thought that he might have a T. Then on the river I have no clue what to do any hand that has an A in it now has a straight. Should I check/fold?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($11.85)
Hero ($24.65)
UTG ($8.25)
Button ($11.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, Button calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.3</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, UTG calls $1.80.

River: ($6.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: 10NL Flop a set and river completes 4-card straight

Lead flop!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:39 PM

while those are some REALLY ugly turn and river cards, I think I'd bet it on the river, 1/2 pot. If you get raised I think you can throw it away.

Try to lead flop next time, because you've gotten yourself in some trouble here and it's possible it could have been avoided. He could have made a back door flush here too, but I can imagine him having a hand like A10 or something.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:43 PM

i dont think the turn is the ugly one here. I would be worried about villain having some random ace, maybe a10. as played i would probably c/c anything but a shove. His range includes a lot of 10s and pps, as well as aces, so i think i flip a coin. Fold if he shoves.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:20 AM

I think the only thing you can do is c/c.

That said, I'd not only bet Flop, I'd bet PF too being as I'm OOP against 2 Vill's with a small pair. In this case, you Flopped the best hand you could realistically hope for on a board that was otherwise unlikely to help the Villains, then turned control of the pot and the hand over to the loosest donk at the table. That means he's now the one to determine how much to put in and when-which means he's putting in only what's good for him, not for you. Remember, you extract maximum value when YOU bet and lose maximum value when YOU check. Bet straight at him and bet substantial. If he wants to keep calling each street on YOUR terms-which means he's not getting the right odds-that's great! That's what you want. If he folds before SD that's okay too. Better you win it there than lose it to a suck-out, eh?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:26 AM

Stop saying c/c ppl. If I check this river it is too check/fold. Bet because he calls a value bet with a ton of hands that check behind and it is an easy fold if he jams
Old 11-23-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead flop!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I hate this line so much on a dry board