Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: The Übernit

It's so hard to play this style after playing what would be considered a TAG style. No matter how tight I think I am playing I look at my stats after an hour and I've moved down from 20/18 to a 19/16 o.O
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's so hard to play this style after playing what would be considered a TAG style. No matter how tight I think I am playing I look at my stats after an hour and I've moved down from 20/18 to a 19/16 o.O

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ... Your normal style might be better than this .... I am in no way claiming that this is good poker, but ...

... If you can't play like this for an hour, then the question is how good a player are you. Seems like you are just playing locked in some sort of 'style' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
 is offline

There have been some players doing this successfully for a long time at 50NL.

Gran Master

Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 PM

tight is right, no? november so far
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM

This is an interesting post - well its pure GFeldonness so what do I expect [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As I see it you're playing pure top value hands -next one would add TP SC type hands and hands with flopping value/stealing till one gets to extreme of J2s type suited stealing junk.

- I play prety tight anyways and as an experiment some one should try this and add hands and see if I can get to 9/7 12/10 ->> 16/12 then 17/14 +, 19/15 then 27/17.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM

I have mistaken this thread for microbrew [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stacking of with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on

J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

vs a 60/10/1 is all right I guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

? oesd + nfd seems ok to me but why here - did i do/not do that sometime?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM

He mistook this thread for the brew (and beat me to this comment with his edit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 PM

.. but thx for the kind words Munkey (and yeah, you're spot on with your stealing ranges)
Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 PM

I play 10NL and the tables are very loose preflop and aggro post flop. Typically, your bet on flop with TPTK/TPGK or overpair (you were agrgressor preflop) will get raised on flop if villian hits TP (even middle pair) because 1) they overvalue their hands and 2) they don't believe you and so they think they are value betting and 3) they bluff too much. The villian's behavior is +EV against good opponents that can lay down good hands. It makes it hard ot play against players who are playing correctly for the wrong reasons. Even c-betting seems to be -EV against these guys when you miss. But the ubernit strategy is really effective against them because their preflop calling standards are super wide. In essence, at 10NL, villians create huge pots withought much thought and call preflop raises with anything. It makes it harder to hand read. Playing for stacks is much more common than at the higher limits (I think...I don't play the higher limits). So the ubernit strategy works because you need a hand against people who are looking for any opportunity to call, chase, and go to the felt. Here is my question:

1) Is there any place in the ubernit strategy for limping suited connectors, suited aces or small pairs after limpers(instead of raising small pairs).

2) Why not cold-call with small-mid PP if you are th first caller since you can get peoples stack more than in the higher limits (I am assuming 10:1 implied odds or so would be +EV since 7.5:1 isn't because villian won't always go to the felt)?