Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM

Default help multitabling lags my computer

Hi, I multitable around 28 tables and sometimes my computer lags. I have a 2.66Ghz dual, and 1.5gb of ram so i doubt there is a problem there. My video card is horrible though, 96mg. I was wondering could this be the reason for the lagging? I want to use pokertracker while playing all these tables and i'm afraid it's going to lag and time me out so i have no yet tested it.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: help multitabling lags my computer

If you can't make enough money 28 tabling (LOL) to afford a real video card maybe you should drop down to something more manageble, like 20 tabling.

The bottle neck is most likely PT trying to bring all those hands into the database at one time. Try purging the database of old hands and make sure you aren't rating people in real time.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:48 PM

I never said anything about not making enough money to afford a real video card. I was wondering if this could be the cause of my computer lag spiking, i have no use for a good video card unless it's the reason to be causing the spikes.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:58 PM

PT is going to spike your CPU if you're trying to import that many hands. You probably have some processes running that don't need to be. Would you post a HijackThis log?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:32 PM

well could it be that the video is the reason for this lag? hmm.. is there another program that can do live updates without lagging? if so which?

I have no idea what Hijack is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lol i'm not that great with computers.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well could it be that the video is the reason for this lag? hmm.. is there another program that can do live updates without lagging? if so which?

I have no idea what Hijack is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lol i'm not that great with computers.

[/ QUOTE ]
It could be the video card thats doing the lagging. Although best money is on PT for sure. Easy way to figure this out is to watch the timer on PT and pay attention when its importing hands. If your computer only lags when PT is importing, PT is the culprit. If you have lag when PT isn't importing another program is the culprit. Do you run norton perhaps? Does your computer take awhile to start?

If it is PT, your only real option is to offload your database on another computer. This does not need to be a particularly fast computer as you won't notice any slowdowns that occur on it (which is the whole point). I've done this with a P2 266, however with the number of tables/hands you're dealing with I'd go with a processor that does at least 1GHz.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:02 PM

I do do run Mcafee also maybe this is the source of my problems? My computer isn't super fast at start up but it's not too slow either.

I have actually never tested PT while playing 25+ tables at once because the computer was already lagging sometimes and i was worried it might cause me to time out.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do do run Mcafee also maybe this is the source of my problems? My computer isn't super fast at start up but it's not too slow either.

I have actually never tested PT while playing 25+ tables at once because the computer was already lagging sometimes and i was worried it might cause me to time out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its lagging before you start PT then you have a problem. Someone else suggested posting a HijackThis log. This will tell us what all you have running. Chances are you just have alot of crapware thats bogging your machine down.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you post a HijackThis log?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey guys. I have the same problem. Can you take a look at my log for a quick sec & tell me what you see. Thanks alot

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 10:30:53 PM, on 7/6/2007
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\wmdc.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\R\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] "C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe" /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Mobile Device Center] %windir%\WindowsMobile\wmdc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: PdaNet Desktop.lnk = C:\Program Files\PdaNet for Windows Mobile\PdaNetPC.exe
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\INetRepl.dll,-222 - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\INetRepl.dll,-223 - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: OpenVPN Service (OpenVPNService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpnserv.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 3508 bytes
Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McAfee is crapware. This is probably just scratching that surface of the problems in that thing you call a computer. Download hijackthis from majorgeeks.com. Post your log here. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET!!!!