Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 PM

Default KK vs TeamDonkDown ($400nl 6m)

ok,

I only had a 50 hands or so on him and had him at 17/10 pf. Nothing special so far postflop.

My main question was regarding the turn. How often is he going for a double c/raise?

Who calls the river?

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $730.90
SB: $402
BB: $403.30
UTG: $406
MP: $484.80
Hero (CO): $392

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $10

Flop: ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $24</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $66</font>, Hero calls $42

Turn: ($162) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($162) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $162</font>,
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: KK vs TeamDonkDown ($400nl 6m)

C/R'es tends to be either draws or big hands (and occasional bluffes/thin vbets). Since he has been playing tight and not done anything special post, and I guess you haven't messed with him since you didn't include that in op, I think that this c/r will be either a big hand or, less likely, something like AJ (theres no big draws that they tend to c/r out except the 56 or 69 but he folds that pre most of the time).

There's noway that he will fire pot with a hand that you beat on the river except a pure bluff. And this line vesus this villain on this board is very, very rarely a bluff. I think that you can fold this one safely. Only hand I can see you beat except the very unlikely bluffes are AQ, but that one is kinda very unlikely to. Fold this for sure.

Edit: There's no shame in b/f turn either. Btw you would have vbet river if he checked right?