hamnegger: t9974
MP1: t6231
MP2: t3830
MP3: t23755
CO: t13695
Button: t12450
SB: t4790
BB: t15315

Pre-flop: (9 players) hamnegger is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, hamnegger calls t600 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1575)</font>, 3 folds, CO calls t600 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t2175)</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in t4715</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">hamnegger raises all-in t9899</font>.
Uncalled bets: t5184 returned to hamnegger.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: limp utg 66 is my line ok?

Depending on the table conditions at this delicate time of the tourney, distance to bubble, time to next blinds, etc., I'm acting somewhat like this:

Raise to 1800: 30%
Raise all-in: 40%
Fold: 30%
Limp: 0%

Your re-raise all-in was somewhat risky and you probably could have avoided it by raising the first place. Fortunately for you, the your stack size and CO's stack size probably reduced his calling range here.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 PM

Am I The Only One Here Who Thinks That A Call Here Is Absolutely Nuts.

There's been a limp after you...a raise all in for around 50 percent of your chips and you want to push?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM

Sorry, but I can't say I like this hand. Limping UTG+1 with an M of 6 just isn't a great strategy if you ask me, nor is calling off half your stack when you're almost certainly (at best) racing against two higher cards. If you wanna play this hand, and the table has been relatively tight, then come in raising. Otherwise, dump it. You could have at least salvaged some of this by folding after SB pushed, but calling there is just no good if you ask me.

--TFGoose
Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I The Only One Here Who Thinks That A Call Here Is Absolutely Nuts.

There's been a limp after you...a raise all in for around 50 percent of your chips and you want to push?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right. The wrench in the gears is CO. SB has a very low M and in the face of two limps, could have pushed with a very wide range. I would be happy to call SB with 66 if I knew it was heads up.

Like I said, pushing here was very risky. However, I think CO will fold some pretty good cards because Hero can cripple him. The limp re-raise all-in is a pretty scary scenario and in CO's eyes either Hero slowplayed a big hand or is isolating. If CO is even semi-tight, he is only calling with a small range and that range usually doesn't include a limp behind, it usually would be good for a raise of Hero.

So there is a difference between calling a desparate SB with half your stack and putting your tournament life at risk with one player to act.

I think we are in some sort of agreement but my main thought was that the original limp put Hero in this situation in the first place.

I don't mind Hero folding to SB's all-in here, it just sucks and like I said depends on the factors at the moment.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:25 PM

i play a different style than most on here (for better or worse) but here is my thought process.

1. i play pretty loose preflop and am always looking to stack someone.

2. utg limp w aa kk is part of my arsenal so i need a balance of hands. baby pairs are perfect

3. players are weary of utg limp and often call instead of raising. (what i want lots of callers)

4. im not calling a raise to bigger stacks but the short stacks may try to steal w marginal holdings. against the seat 2 and sb i made up my mind ill play my 66 as the best hand if they shove and ill shove to isolate.

the co has to be weary of calling my repop. he folded the sb showed 22 and i won the hand.

p.s. what fun would it be if we all played exactly the same way
Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 PM

i like your line. (reads on CO and SB would be helpful). however i don't agree w/ limping in EP w/ 66 when your M is in that range, i think your reasoning makes up for it. before i read your post i was going to say that a limp this late in the tourny by a player w/ a small M can sometimes mean AA or KK. and esp. when you repop over an all in, that makes it look even MORE like AA or KK. given SB's M and his shove, i'm giving him a huge range and i'm def. not just smooth calling. after sb shoves: push &gt; fold &gt; call.

again, all this is dependent on the CO but like one of the posters mentioned, both hero and co's stack size greatly influence his calling range here.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:07 AM

I think this is a fold PF because of our stack size. I don't mind the iso shove nearly as much as the initial limp. SB is short, could have all kinds of decent hands, and could have all kinds of total garbage too and just be on a steal. CO almost certainly isn't calling if we shove, and I think our hand is well ahead of SB's range. However, I think the initial limp is on average going to cost us precious chips we can't afford to lose in this spot.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fold PF because of our stack size. I don't mind the iso shove nearly as much as the initial limp. .

[/ QUOTE ]

thats very fair analysis
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 PM

I'm not calling here pf with your stack. as played I'd also likely fold, really dependant on how long he's been waiting to shove his chips in, if he lost the last hand and it put him under 10bb, I'd reraise all in, otherwise fold. That being said I'd play 88 stronger.