Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: National City closing my account due to online gaming

[ QUOTE ]
To all those are like JUST LIE/DON'T TELL WHOLE TRUTH OBV, I didn't realize they would care about online poker. With these random 8k transfers and all this interest, I was more worried that they thought I was a terrorist or something. I wanted to eliminate that suspicion as quick as I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tell them it's from your online business.

WTF?!?!?!?! You guys are so goddamn naive it isn't funny. You know how many 8K transfers the bank sees on a regular basis?!?!? Do you have any idea? They have no right to dig into your finances, none whatsoever.

Tell them it is from your online business. If they ask for further info, ask them politely if there is a problem? why do they need to know?

Just tell them you sell off Ebay or something. You have no obligation to tell them where the money comes from and are not liable if you lie to them. They aren't the [censored] cops, they aren't the DOJ.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all those are like JUST LIE/DON'T TELL WHOLE TRUTH OBV, I didn't realize they would care about online poker. With these random 8k transfers and all this interest, I was more worried that they thought I was a terrorist or something. I wanted to eliminate that suspicion as quick as I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tell them it's from your online business.

WTF?!?!?!?! You guys are so goddamn naive it isn't funny. You know how many 8K transfers the bank sees on a regular basis?!?!? Do you have any idea? They have no right to dig into your finances, none whatsoever.

Tell them it is from your online business. If they ask for further info, ask them politely if there is a problem? why do they need to know?

Just tell them you sell off Ebay or something. You have no obligation to tell them where the money comes from and are not liable if you lie to them. They aren't the [censored] cops, they aren't the DOJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

STICKY PLS!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is about the most naive perspective in the entire thread. The bank is required to have in place procedures to identify suspsicious transactions and to investigate those transactions. What's more, the banking regulators—at least the OCC, which regulates NatCity and other federally chartered commercial banks—require them to take action if the customer refuses to provide responses to reasonable request for information. The source of the funds in question is one of the items at the top of the request list. If the bank fails to have such procedures in place or fails to follow them, the bank can be fined or otherwise penalized.

Cliff Notes: The bank has the right and, in fact, the obligation to dig into your finances under these circumstances. They also have the right to close your account for any reason.

Does it suck sometimes? Yeah! Is the law? Yep.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two months ago an old Prima site I played on gave me a $500 bonus in some promo they were running. Needed to clear a bunch of hands so I just gambled with it and ended up running it up to 16k or so in total. The only way to cash out was via EcoCard, and I did so successfully, wiring the money to my checking account in two seperate $8k chunks about a month apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is structuring. Structuring is a felony. Since you broke it up into chunks over $5,000 the bank is legally required to file a Suspicious Activity Report with the feds. You'll be lucky if all they do is close your account and give you the money.