Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: TLDR Beer Club

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've only had 3 of the beers on the list. All the rest, I'm not even familiar w/ the breweries. I don't think they've ever been reviewed in here. Generally, I wasn't a big fan of Avery's brews, but the Maharaja was one of their better ones. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Two Hearted ale, although the Oberon didn't live up to the standard IMHO, but it's mostly just the style. I don't go for American wheat beers, although I love the German ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to run a blind taste test between Avery's Maharaja, Bell's Two Hearted, Bear Republic's Racer 5, and the IPA I am currently brewing. Unfortunately that means I have to wait 3.5 weeks to dig into the IPA's I bought. Not sure if I can make it.

Check out these other breweries if you get a chance. I can't speak for Ale Asylum yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the Maharaja technically an imperial/double IPA? That's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison with the others, which are all single IPAs.