Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]
GMT QFMFT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Great idea. Some real quality posters have posted in this thread. The community could work really well if you take a few people to mentor, and then get them to mentor a few other people who play slightly lower stakes.

1. How you are currently improving your game
- I've been reading 2+2 avidly for 1.5 years
- Watching cardrunners vids

2. Your poker goals.
- Play 3/6+
- Professional poker player

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
-NL400 6-max (have had to drop down from NL600-1000 after a downswing). Also learning PLO at lower stakes.
-About $50,000 in the last 1.5 years
-I generally play 20K hands a month

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I haven't made any big strategy posts but generally post a few lines of hand analysis on interesting hands in SSNL. I just kinda picked an two examples at random below.
hand
hand2

5. A little about yourself.
I'm 32, from Ireland, worked as an engineer for 10 years (with breaks for a few round the world trips), gave up fulltime work this year, planned on playing poker fulltime but have ended up doing lucrative but boring contracting work most of the time but may be back playing poker fulltime soon enough (fingers crossed). I'm also halfway through a novel so want to use the spare time that playing poker provides to work on that.
Not sure if I'd be much help on a site but I have some programming experience.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously shamelessly trying to improve my chances here. But it seems like it would be a good idea to not have people in all kinds of timezones, no? If live sweating is a big part of the deal. GMT ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case, i say you should probably mentor as many people who live close to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 03:25 PM

I have poker friends that I talk with daily on AIM. I am starting to realize the benefits to posting more on 2+2 and am going to start making that a daily part of my life. I was a cardrunners member for awhile and will probably get on there again. I would like to find a coach just have not set anything up yet.

2. Your poker goals.

I have the capability to make 100k+ a year and am going to make that my goal after the first of the year. This will be a hard goal and require me to stay focused and hold myself accountable along with having other people who I talk with daily about poker and can help out my game. I have a lot of leaks that I need to plug and am going to drop down in stakes for now until I plug them. I would like to be able to play all mid stakes full ring games.

Play nl200 fr but am going to drop down to nl100 for about 50000 hands in order to fix parts of my game that need lots of work. I have been playing for 2 and a half years. Almost always full ring. I was a winner at the nl600 games on party poker and stars until about a year ago when I really feel like my game fell off. I am still trying to get back from that and plug a lot of things that are wrong with my game. I believe that this training service will help my game and I would also enjoy talking with others to hopefully improve their games as well.

Just started posting in the full ring section and believe that I have a lot to offer and will continue to make that my home.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.
I would be willing to help with anything. I am not the most computer savvy person but am able to figure a lot of different things out if given the opportunity. I am a 20 year old college student going to school for business finance. I run track and field in college and also like to DJ in my free time.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 PM

[censored] it i'll move to leeds
Old 11-22-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How you are currently improving your game
I currently have a list of 2p2ers on my aim and try to converse with them any difficult hands that I have. I go through every session via PT and look at the hands that gave me trouble then ask my aimlist about them. If I’m feeling froggy I’ll post something in ssnl, but I really hate ssnl because 99% of the people there don’t know what they’re doing, or just make retarded posts constantly.

Your poker goals.
I want to make the most money that I am capable of making at this game. I want to be the best and I want to make the most money. I will propel myself to these lofty goals with delusions of grandeur until I wake up one morning in a ditch with a needle in my arm, then I’ll work at mcdonalds or something.

I have an insatiable desire to improve at this game. It’s like nothing else in my life. I don’t know if I’m heading down a path for disappointment, but I do know I want to improve as much as I can. I think about hands all day long, analyzing, reviewing and theorizing. I really need some guidance.

if you want some numbers:

100k hands at NL100. ideally 6ptbb, but really just solid hands that i don't spew.

100k hands at NL200. finally maintain a decent winrate at this level.

after that, dominate MSNL. and beyond. haven't gotten past my first goal yet...tho...

overall i have one goal at this game: to improve. i don't let ego, attitude, ethnicity or anything else stand in the way of reaching this goal.

Your current stakes and past earnings

I have graphs from my old database I can pull up if you really want to feel bad for someone.

A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11453673

anything in the sttf cash thread

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8821262

A little about yourself.

I used to play NL200, then NL400, then downswonged now NL100 with some NL200 when I feel like losing all my profit from NL100. I had a coach and he helped me a lot, but I’m still not able to win at NL200 so I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve actually been thinking about putting something like this together, only without a sick player to head it up.

I am really turned off to 90% of the strategy that goes on in 2p2. I think that something like this is brilliant and is exactly the type of place I would want to put a lot of my time, effort and energy into. This type of operation has limitless possibilities for all parties involved and I feel like this is what I need to take my game to the next level.

boring stuff: i'm 21 junior psych major at some university. poker takes up 80% of my brain power and life efforts. i played sngs for a year and i'm approaching my first year of cash this jan. i've come a long way but i'm still not satisfied with my progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

more stats:

Old 11-22-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJwODowvVY

[/ QUOTE ]
omfg awesome
Old 11-22-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJwODowvVY

[/ QUOTE ]
omfg awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] berlin
Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 PM

I also missed question six! Maybe it's too late now but I'll answer anyways.

In the past 5 months I have played ~500 hours, and I've earned about ~57k (not including rakeback).
Old 11-22-2007, 07:24 PM

Mostly by play and reviewing hands. I believe theory can take you only so far. You have to experience the hand to truly understand it. I discuss alot of mine and friend's hands over msn.

2. Your poker goals.

Be the best poker player I can be. If that means breaking even at nl100, so be it. But I want to constantly improve, to be that one step ahead of competition. Poker for me is not just monetary thing, I enjoy it on the intelectual level. To best another mind. However i do hope to get to a level, where it would be my main income.

I play NL50 and have made around 12k from poker and bonuses combined (new database so cant single out the profit from actual play)

I dont make strategy posts like Pokey but I do post my own hands and reply to other ppl's hands. However I feel that I need to be in situation to truly understand it.

5. I'm a senior on Faculty of Social sciences currently in the process of writing a degree. 25 years old.
I am into computers and have designed few simple webpages but nothing complicated. Together we could make sth happen.
Closed Thread