Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 AM

Default I have a problem

I am a total noob to the business world and need some help or advice on how to accomplish some small goals.

Heres the scoop; My dad works at an auto supply chain manufacturer. He was taught by someone from his last job "then taught me" how to work this online computer program that keep tracks of a lot of old purchase orders. He has found around 300k "for his current employer" and has scene up to 1.1 million in unpaid orders, for other company's which is what I plan to capitalize on. This is how and also the help I am asking for.

I need to get a code from each company that lets me log onto this computer system program, and get access to their files. This is not a HUGE deal considering my dad tried a small company and they gave it to him no problem, but they later blocked him after realizing the lets someone in that was not from their company. So its not really secure but they still keep an eye on it. So

A. I need to tell them what I am trying to do for them, and get their service codes to view the online orders.
B. I need to convince them to not only give me their code but to draw up a contract saying that if i can find them money that they are still owed I can have a percentage of it for my services.

I have no idea as to go about either of these.

*Note this is not a very well known way of checking orders for most companies but it does exist for them. Most people don't care to check or don't know how to access the files

I have a list of the suppliers who I am willing to check for however I don't know what to say when I call them or email them.

Advice on how to accomplish these goal thoughts anything would be appreciated, and if you are to help to the point of me actually making some money you will definitely get a cut. For me this is a great opportunity to gain some experience with the business world. The money is there but I'm not specifically interested in that aspect of this little adventure quite yet.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: I have a problem

First of all, learn how to structure your writing - this is very difficult to understand. Second, start a company, build a website, and send letters around.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: I have a problem

There's a bit more to collections than writing a company a letter and receiving their payment in the mail.