F-Luke Walton
G-Kobe Bryant
G-Maurice Evans
G-Derek Fisher
G-Jordan Farmar
G-Sasha Vujacic
G-Coby Karl
G-Javaris Crittenton

The players in bold will probably be our starters. (Maybe Farmar over D-Fish or Mihm over Brown. Whatever)

Anyone happy with making the playoff as the 7th or 8th seed and getting destroyed in the first round again? I know I'm not.

I want JO.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thread

Yes, because JO will get us to the 6th seed and a not-quite-so-embarrassing first round loss. That's much better.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because JO will get us to the 6th seed and a not-quite-so-embarrassing first round loss. That's much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] At least we will almost guarantee ourself a playoff spot. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Suns/Mavs/Spurs
Rockets/Nuggets/Utah

I think those teams are the top two tiers of the Western Conference at this moment. This basically leaves two spots for the remaining teams
Clippers, Hornets, Warriors, Lakers, Kings, Blazers.

Yea not THAT optimistic.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

It's gonna be a depressing year. Go Bruins!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually is better. A lot better.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually is better. A lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. But we probably would have preferred KG [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Enjoy yourself this season watching Celts games gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa.

Honestly, I don't know how other Lakers fans felt when they heard the news. My first response was whoa, then a second response of doubt for Kupchak's inability to get [censored] done. Yes maybe one day Bynum will be as good as Wilt and Russell and we will all look back and think ah how foolish we are to think of trading a young gamble for a almost-at-the-end-tail-of-his-prime KG. Miserable.

Oh well, 2008-2009 season looks promising as we will have some caproom to sign a player when Kwame comes off the payroll hahahahahahaha
Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want JO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take him

sincerely,

a fed up pacers fan
Old 08-14-2007, 12:26 AM

"Ya. But we probably would have preferred KG . Enjoy yourself this season watching Celts games gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa"

With the addition of KG, Pierce is on record saying he's targeting a playing weight of 230 instead of the 240-245 he's been rocking the last two seasons. Reason? So he can guard positions 1-3. And he's working on defense all summer.

I don't know how close to getting the deal done the Lakers were, but if Bynum really was all that stood between Kidd coming to the Lakers, Kupchak should have been fired on the spot.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know how close to getting the deal done the Lakers were, but if Bynum really was all that stood between Kidd coming to the Lakers, Kupchak should have been fired on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know (which isn't far), the Lakers were willing to part with Bynum, Odom, and draft picks/other players to get KG, but Minnesota didn't think the offer was good enough.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 AM

the lakers didn't miss out on KG, they had zero chance to trade for him. what exactly did you think the GM could do? he can't just will young players or draft picks on the team