Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Wierdos

So my only real achilles heals lately are my own self induced tilt, and wierdos. No one can help me with #1. #2...I dunno.

By wierdo, I mean players who take totally random lines at random points in time. Its like they actually read all the prerequisite poker books, and perhaps even this forum. And then someone electrocuted them to ensure that they could not possibly utilize the concepts they read in any kind of useful manner. Its a combination of FPS, and total lack of awareness of what is really going on. These guys persistently take suboptimal lines, but they are so random that it often causes me to play suboptimally as well.

So villian in this hand is just bizarre. He seems to be playing perfect 2+2 mid stakes poker. He doesn't chop, which is uncommon at Commerce $20-40. Everyone chops. Even the very good players. The only ones that don't chop are anti-social nits who complain when a player asks for a chip back to a pf heads up raise. But villian is playing aggressive good in the blinds when folded to late position. 3 betting with a very healthy range. But then he goes and does something retarded like limping in the HJ with Q4s. And cold calling lots of raises. And looking tilted every time he does not win a pot. Like I said, wierd. He is folding a ton of hands pf, and a ton on the river, but very few in between. Several hands where I have seen him fold the river make no sense whatsoever. He also has been paying off very obvious hands that clearly have one pair totally demolished. He has no concept of what other players might be holding. One hand he bet top pair with KJ on a J1098 board and called the raise(to be shown the very obvious straight).

So onto the hand....I open raise Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] MP2. Loose passive behind me calls, button calls, and villian calls in sb. Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Check to me, I bet. LP calls, button folds, villian c/r. I call, LP calls. Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villian bets....

Is it ever correct to raise this card? I know raising with a strong draw isn't the best play in the world, and we don't want to pay double or triple for our draw. Also, do we really want to lose LP here?