Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
... is full of the best poker players in the world, when I would’ve salivated over playing any of them HU. (Maybe wouldnt have salivated over one or two but would surely be a favorite)

[/ QUOTE ]
News flash: I bet you dont even have a chance against Jennifer Tilly Heads Up ..

A slight favorite? - why didn't you tell Phil Helmuth or Sam Farha you were the better player - would have made for better tv.. instead of running home like a scaredy cat and posting on the internet for your groupies!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish one of these 'Online stars' play like the (supposedly) big boys and size up every one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Antonious does it pretty well. He's respected live and online.

Other than that:
All of you talk from a poker-perspective.
I thought they way he played was boring. Everyone was making fun of Bob Stupak in season 1, now Jman plays the same way.
I can understand why he played that way, he didnt know anyone of them (at least i think he didnt), and didnt want to gamble too much.

Hopefully he'll be invited a second time and show that he can be a good TV poker player.

Other than that, i can understand the producers. Imagine all of the players at the table were like Jman, nobody would watch the show, except all the true poker players (most of the people on this board). Everyone else in the states would hate it, because it would look akward.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. Every one had access to the HSP videos. Sure, they showed a few hands, but he at least should have gone through all of the videos that are publicly available. Also, the argument that he didn't want to gambool doesn't make much sense either. He saved 500K for next day (if he played), so what's wrong with lagging it up in the two hours?

Any way, I guess every one is saying the same thing over and over.

JMan, good luck in the next episodes, if you get called.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link to episode please guys? On youtube I presume?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 07:31 PM

lol at people wanting him to "gambooooll", in other words, they just wanted jman to play bad i guess.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:37 PM

prahlad on hsp would be sooooo siiiiick
Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman could you tell us what its like to be outclassed as badly as you clearly were?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFLOL
Old 10-27-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes: TV producers have a level 0 understanding of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to do some research before making a comment like this. Once you do, you'll see how incorrect it is.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman should have told everyone it was his first time playing live and pretended he was befuddled by every thing. He should have asked incrediably novice level questions, and played his first hand very poorly, starting with the worlds biggest string bet would have been awesome, going back and forth to his stack until someone called him on it would have been great. He would be "clueless Internet guy", a butt of jokes, and a lock for the next session as no one would notice how tight he was playing. He also would have got mad action on his set of jacks, and ultimately stacked the entire table at his half million dollar session.

[/ QUOTE ]

loooooooool
Old 10-27-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We are watching some absolutely awful gambling poker being played and my guess is that a lot of these players had pieces of each other and split the profits afterwards. This makes it very unlikely that a new player can get a reasonable payoff even on his great hands. No way did Hellmuth just grow those pair of balls. They were bought and paid for by Daniel, Jennifer and one or two others. And Eli and Sammy absolutely had each other covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're playing over your head you often think that the guys you are up against are crazy gamblers. ever have a kid sit in at your game that you just know it's his first time in a cash game... that he's way out of his element? don't you everbet your hands against this guy when you know you can get him to lay down the better hand?

you're accusing the players in that game of "collusion" ... do you really think that they think that little of the game to do such a thing. to be honest... if i thought that, i don't think i'd ever tune in again.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at people wanting him to "gambooooll", in other words, they just wanted jman to play bad i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

From when lagging up is considered bad Poker?