Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Press Release from GSN regarding HSP4

I am not a big fan of a few of the changes.

1. I don't like how much the players have to BI for. I just don't see the need for a 500k min BI. I think it will change how some players play...I think they will play much more cautious than in previous seasons.

2. Too many fish/amateur players in the game and not enough online players. I like the addition of Galfond, but I'd like to see more online players be able to have the opportunity to play in this game. I loved watching rugby play in S3...I just didn't feel like I got to see enough of his plays.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a big fan of a few of the changes.

1. I don't like how much the players have to BI for. I just don't see the need for a 500k min BI. I think it will change how some players play...I think they will play much more cautious than in previous seasons.

2. Too many fish/amateur players in the game and not enough online players. I like the addition of Galfond, but I'd like to see more online players be able to have the opportunity to play in this game. I loved watching rugby play in S3...I just didn't feel like I got to see enough of his plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

the 500k min is only one of the games for part of the time.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:37 AM

There still seems to be some misinformation and speculation out there about this season. I hope I can clarify a few things for all the fans out there without providing any spoilers.

The table with the $500,000 buy-in begins on the week of November 5 and runs for the remainder of the season. So viewers will see a full 7 weeks of this table. There would never be 7 episodes created out of one day of filming if there wasn't a tremendous amount of action. The other 10 episodes were created from the first two days of filming, and they are also filled with action.

Regarding the selection process...well, it's not as easy as many think. More and more players each season want to participate, but having too many players on in a single season disrupts the flow of the game. Last season there were 29; this season there are only 22. And probably two to three times more than that wanted to play.

Every attempt is made to give new players who express an interest in playing an opportunity, whether they are known live or Internet pros, or just amateur players. Sometimes the decisions as to who to invite don't work out as well as hoped for, but most of the time they do. You'll see two high stakes amateur players this season in Mike Baxter and Bob Safai who won't be intimidated by anyone, and they are exactly the type of player the producers are looking for. You'll love watching them.

Pokernews.com just ran a two part interview with Mori Eskandani, the executive producer of the show. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it as it will give fans better insight into the selection and production process.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/8...i-part-one.htm

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/8...i-Part-two.htm

Once you read this, you'll see why I'm so excited! All I can say is that this season rocks. IMO, it is far and away the best season ever, and I for one am grateful for 17 episodes as opposed to the usual 13. And I can't wait for next Monday!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:33 AM

I don't get GSN in school, these are going to be posted on you tube or poker tube right?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get GSN in school, these are going to be posted on you tube or poker tube right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's like last season they will be uploaded the following day after the show airs.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure RandomPoker and/or SickHands will post these on YouTube by Tuesday morning.

I'm looking forward to Season 4. The DVR is ready to go!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There still seems to be some misinformation and speculation out there about this season. I hope I can clarify a few things for all the fans out there without providing any spoilers.

The table with the $500,000 buy-in begins on the week of November 5 and runs for the remainder of the season. So viewers will see a full 7 weeks of this table. There would never be 7 episodes created out of one day of filming if there wasn't a tremendous amount of action. The other 10 episodes were created from the first two days of filming, and they are also filled with action.

Regarding the selection process...well, it's not as easy as many think. More and more players each season want to participate, but having too many players on in a single season disrupts the flow of the game. Last season there were 29; this season there are only 22. And probably two to three times more than that wanted to play.

Every attempt is made to give new players who express an interest in playing an opportunity, whether they are known live or Internet pros, or just amateur players. Sometimes the decisions as to who to invite don't work out as well as hoped for, but most of the time they do. You'll see two high stakes amateur players this season in Mike Baxter and Bob Safai who won't be intimidated by anyone, and they are exactly the type of player the producers are looking for. You'll love watching them.

Pokernews.com just ran a two part interview with Mori Eskandani, the executive producer of the show. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it as it will give fans better insight into the selection and production process.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/8...i-part-one.htm

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/8...i-Part-two.htm

Once you read this, you'll see why I'm so excited! All I can say is that this season rocks. IMO, it is far and away the best season ever, and I for one am grateful for 17 episodes as opposed to the usual 13. And I can't wait for next Monday!

[/ QUOTE ]

dude,

you need even more of these shows. like 2 sets every year instead of one. we will watch it!

maybe throw some omaha in there.

how about a 1000/2000 NL game, we'll get to see who the real ballas are.