Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more +EV?
Call 31 83.78%
Reraise 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

Farewell to 2+2

Mason,

I've enjoyed this site for a long time. However, I will no longer be posting here or purchasing 2+2 material. I believe this site is completely unprofessional in the way it is managed. I know, it's just a message board, lighten up. That said, I have no problem with posters being rude, crude, witty, humorous, combative, whatever. My problem is that, IMO, your moderators represent your company, even if they are volunteers. The tone of the site seems to be a bunch of cliques ruled over arbitrarily by a some very rude, childish, power-tripping internet forum moderators. Not all are this way, but certainly more than a few. What's worse, is that the administrators of this site have ample evidence of this behavior as the very forum designed to discuss these issues (ATF) has become a cesspool of mods berating posters. On one hand, I enjoy such hazing and humor, but from other posters, not the administrators of the site itself. It casts a very unprofessional and unwelcoming image to your site. Some of the mods in question are over the top in flaunting the very rules of the forum they moderate (NT! is a good example of a mod who enjoys showing he needn't comply with 2+2 rules on profanity, insults, etc.). If mods can't be a good example and neutral in their style, then your site has devolved into a bunch of childish cliques. I remember in the past much more unbiased and respectful moderation by people like andyfox, compared to the juvenile insults of a tuq, jman220, NT!, stabn, and the like.

I'm sure a lost poster is no big deal, even if under my previous account I've been here since 2003. But I do suggest you take a look at how those charged with running your site represent your publishing company. I will be selling my 2+2 books on CraigsList and no longer buying them in the future.

Respectfully,
Kaj