Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: ~~~ Official 2007 KC Chiefs Don\'t Totally Suck thread ~~~

All the good RBs in the league today have good O-lines and it's even easier with a good QB. Without 2 HOFers LJ sucks now. Without a good O-line, Gore is struggling this year. Without a good O-line, Alexander looks pretty average. RBs might be the kings of fantasy but most are pretty replacable. Honestly do you think Emmett Smith would have been as dominant if he played in Arizona his whole career. RBs are very line dependant. You can't run behind a bad o-line. Why do you think just about anyone can run in Denver. It's not b/c they draft these amazing RB talents from the draft, it's b/c they have a good o-line and block really well.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is true of almost every running back, even the "great" ones. Only possible exception is Barry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever known a running back not to thrive in Denver?

I agree with you completely. I just think LJ is even worse.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Chiefs should trade straight up LJ for Jones-Drew then. He breaks more tackles than anyone I've seen in a long time.

Also even when our line was awesome, LJ would often start out slow in the first half. But he'd pound it in there every single time. And by the end of the game guys got tired of taking the punishment, he'd break a tackle or two and be off to the races. He's completely given up pounding the ball.

Also as a KC columnist said, his body language out there is just horrible this year. Even when he has had a big run, he gets up and looks disgusted or disinterested. I don't know how you convey that through a helmet and pads, but he does.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:25 AM

So cinci is that bad, GO CHIEFS!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:15 PM

4-3....obv another 8-8 non playoff-non high draft pick season on the way

mediocrity ftw
Old 10-21-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mediocrity ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always the Jayhawks baby!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mediocrity ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed anything more. Our D did look somewhat dominant today though. That was fun. Man the Raiders are dumb.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 PM

The Good:
LJ seems to have put the diapers back in storage at least for one game. I think the return of Priest and all the negative publicity are having an effect.

Huard's gutsy plays a couple times on our go ahead drive and the drive before.

LJ and Priest in the same backfield - has to at least distract the hell out of defensive coaches trying to game-plan against us.

D. Bowe is freaking awesome when he GETS THE DAMN BALL.

The Bad:
Going for 2 when up by 5 with 11 minutes left was a bad decision, I don't care what the charts say. I really thought we were going to lose that game to a 50-yd Janikowski. Thank you Jarrad Page.

Our O-line blows chunks.

Huard generally sucks under pressure.

4 yard passes to covered receivers on 3rd and 9.

Apparently we don't have the ability to audible.

We should just cut Kris Wilson, Sammie Parker and Jeff Webb right now. And keep cutting receivers until we find one that doesn't drop an easy pass 1 out of every 3 attempts - generally on huge 3rd downs.

Apparently our kicker has a penchant for pulling chip-shots in huge momentum-turning spots.

The Great:
Our D looked damn near dominant yesterday against supposedly a really good rushing team. Man that's fun to watch. Jared Allen has a shot at defensive player of the year at this point. And Derrick Johnson should make the pro-bowl - with strong consideration for Donnie Edwards, Jarrad Page and Alfonzo Boone.

Bottom line is the Chiefs have two big division wins on the road to zero losses - and the division lead outright. There are no guarantess, but we always play division games tough at Arrowhead. Maybe with the bye this week we can figure out some way to so SOMETHING to shore up our O-line, and even add a few audible plays for Huard when it's obvious the other team is sending 7 guys. Priest and LJ in the same backfield is pretty awesome. If nothing else than as an example to LJ on how to behave.

The Chiefs have 4 out of the next 5 at home, including all 3 AFC West rivals, and Green Bay. All tough tough games except maybe the Raiders. Broncos look like they're getting their act together unfortunately. The Chiefs need to find a way to go 3-1 in those games because we also have pretty much a guaranteed loss at Indy mixed in. If they can do that they'll probably be in the driver's seat to win the division, and maybe even one playoff game, before earning the right to get destroyed at NE or Indy.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:30 PM

I'm beginning to lose hope with our bet.

But I still think you're crazy if you think the Chiefs will make the playoffs. The Chargers are a better team, and the Broncos might be a better team. Weird [censored] will have to occur to hold off that intimidating 0.5 game lead you have.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:16 PM

Neither team has a better D than us. You can counteract a lot of offensive ineptitude with a dominating defense. I think the Chargers are starting to realize how important D. Edwards was to their team. Also the return of Priest Holmes, and us using him and Johnson in the same formations gives other teams 4 legitimate playmakers on offense to worry about.

If we beat the Chargers at home it would be a loss for them obv, and a 2-game sweep. Tough for them to overcome in tie-breakers. The Broncos have been inconsistent so we'll see. The Chiefs will be favorites at home. Division could lead could come down to Chiefs at Den late in the season. Chiefs always have a tough time at Den, but they've been very beatable at home lately.

The good news is the Chargers and Broncos play again, and the Raiders should provide some competition for those two in their games. The Raiders have lost 17 division games in a row. Just pure pride should be a big motivating factor for them.