Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: ~~~ Official 2007 KC Chiefs Don\'t Totally Suck thread ~~~

[ QUOTE ]
Props to your Chiefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats Suzzer, hope you took the money line in this one.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 PM

Of course the BIG story now is about how the Chargers are stinking up the house. Not about our D that's allowed 6 2nd half points all season and none in the last 2 games. Or about Dwayne Bowe who looks like he could be another Chad Johnson.

No respec I tell ya! That's going to be our rallying cry all season. Now puhleeese lets keep it rolling against the Jags next week.

32nd [censored] team in the league my pale white ass. Our D is becoming dominant. D. Bowe is the wildcard no one expected. And we still have LJ and TG. Kennison is coming back. Even our cast-away kicker is looking lights out (and that [censored] matters). We're a QB(!), RG and RT away from being a very very good football team. Our line isn't even that bad in pass protection, they just are too small to open up big holes in the running game.

We just need Huard to get his confidence back and keep hitting all those downfield routes that teams are giving us when they stack 8 in the box every time. Then things will open up for Johnson.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 PM

I'm pretty sure most intelligent people had the Falcons and at least the Dolphins behind the Chiefs. So that's only 30th.

I still think I win the bet >50% of the time at this point, but it's going to be much closer than i anticipated.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:42 PM

I'm just glad I kept out of this thread, lol. Did not see that beat down coming.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 AM

I have a confession. I actually thought we had a decent chance in this game. But even I didn't have the balls to say it. Also I didn't want to jinx them.

The Chiefs have a way of doing what no one expects, on the upside and downside, year in/year out.

The one thing I know is this team never quits. They have gotten pissy in blowouts from time to time, like the pitt game last year, or the last game of Shottenheimer's career when Derrick Thomas had a meltdown on Monday night. But they never chuck it in, they always have character. At least as long as we've had Tony Gonzalez. I honestly think there's a culture on this team where guys wouldn't want to let him down, and would probably be afraid to look him in the eye if they ever just gave up--midgame or midseason.

At least for the last 10 years, this team has had more character than most. They deserve something good to happen to them. Sort of like the Royals late in George Brett's career. We'll see.

Yes I'm drunk.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:18 AM

If KC > SD > Chi, then how Chi > KC ???

This SD/KC game was a clusterf*ck of turnovers. Most wins KC picks up this year will resemble today's mess...
Old 10-01-2007, 01:35 AM

Yeah the Chargers chumped it up no question. BUT the Chiefs were never overmatched on either side of the ball by "the most talented team in football". (I'm guessing we're not going to hear that one much more for a while.)

Half those turnovers were caused by great plays from the Chiefs. Rivers sucks when you pressure him. We get some credit for delivering the pressure.

And we apparently have a game-breaking WR on our hands. That changes a lot of things. KC was a basketcase on offense the first two games. Now we're semi-competent. BIG step up.

Also we missed Jared Allen, our best defensive player, a ton those first two games. It's hard to overestimate the impact he's had in the two games he's been back. I don't think he got any sacks today but he knocked down at least two passes and had a ton of pressures. One of the passes he knocked down, I swear he jumped 4 feet in the air. For a 6'6" white guy, that's pretty sick.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure most intelligent people had the Falcons and at least the Dolphins behind the Chiefs. So that's only 30th.

I still think I win the bet >50% of the time at this point, but it's going to be much closer than i anticipated.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN.com had us 31st after the Chi game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...mp;season=2007

Oh yeah, and Peter King predicted 33-3 Chargers. Be sure to listen to everything the man says. Obviously knows his stuff.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN.com had us 31st after the Chi game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...mp;season=2007

Oh yeah, and Peter King predicted 33-3 Chargers. Be sure to listen to everything the man says. Obviously knows his stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he has the guts to make his predictions before the game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 AM

Hey I stuck my neck way out before this game and fought all comers. But I wish I would have called a win. Actually I came this close to driving down for the game, and am really kicking myself on that one. Would have been so awesome. I'm a little worried though that just my presence would have altered the outcome somehow through the butterfly effect.