Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Limit 0.15/0.30 TT OTB on a low flop

Hello guys,

this is my first post here, i just started playing online on the micro stakes @ Party Poker.

Here i have a hand for discussion. I don't have many reads, only on the PF capper. He's quite aggressive and can open raise with a big range.

Party Poker 0.15/0.30 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero ?

What's my play here?
What about my flop play?

Ciao,
Ivar
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Limit 0.15/0.30 TT OTB on a low flop

call the flop and re-evaluate. 3betting now doesn't protect your hand and your equity will change a lot on the turn. we have position, so let's use it to see what everyone else does.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:35 PM

How "aggressive" are we talking about here? Do you have any stats on him? How about the sort of hands his been showing down and how aggressively he played them.

You realize that against most unknowns, from the flop they might as well be playing with their cards face up because they have AA-KK, and once in awhile QQ. I think I fold the flop to the first raise; it's fairly unlikely that you're ahead of LAGTARD, and there's a significant chance you are also behind BB - because again, at the risk of stating the obvious, BB bets into a PF Capper and PF 3-better on a very dry paired board. Very often this means he holds a 6.

But a lot of this will depend on how LAGTARD has responded PF to being 3-bet or any other good reads you might have.

Hope some of that helps.

Also,
as played I go ahead and fold the turn. SB still has a 6 very often and became scared of 9's full from you or idiot given the PF and flop action. He's not pumping his 6 but he's slowing down with it.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:09 PM

fold to MP2's raise. dont get married to overpairs.

your ovrpr sucks in this situation.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Coldcall once and never coldcall again (in this hand). You can bet if checked to, but don't raise.

Edit: Also, fold to any check-raise anywhere.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 PM

i dont 3bet the flop

as played i probly call down
Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have many reads, only on the PF capper. He's quite aggressive and can open raise with a big range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what does he cap with? And how aggro is he postflop? Your read doesn't actually help at all; it could explain why you pf3'd if you had, say, 77, but TT you should be treying anyway.

Folks, as a general rule when you see a player doing "abnormal" stuff (e.g. pfr'ing light, c/r'ing turns with air, etc) you should start to pay extra attention to EVERYTHING they do.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:55 AM

Hey Guys,

at first; thanks for the comments. I see that i should pay some more attention on my reads. MP2 was agressive, I saw him open raising with A7o, QTs, but also (ofcourse) with big hands like AK, AQ etc. It looked like when he started raising a pot, he doesn't want to get out of it. When he was agressive preflop, he was always ultra-agressive postflop and he went to the showdown no matter what.

I do like the first post from 'tyler cracker', first see the turn, hope it's a good card and then go on with the hand. If i do that and the turn brings a good card, should I then raise a bet from MP2? If i raise a bet from MP2 and he 3-bets, should i fold then?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:09 AM

IF opens with a wide range and is very aggressive I would call down from here.