Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: 25NL: Mathematical Call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two streets left, not one. We're 1.2-to-1, easy call.

Edit: If it was one street left, why would you assume that 90% of us would make a call not getting the odds??? Or is it that 90% of the total player pool for this level would call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with how many streets are left. (NL Holdem: A guide to cash games") I can't give you a reference b/c i dont have the book in front of me. But flush draws are 4-1 dogs, which means you will hit your hand roughly one time out of 4. I have a combo draw which increases it to roughly 3-1. hence i need 3-1 from the pot to make a call. if im only getting 2.5-1 from the pot, that means i have to hit my hand once out of every 2.5 hands to make this call, but I will only hit it once out of every 3.

Second, I was referring to the general quality of play at this limit that most people would make that call on the flop. i said nothing about the turn.

Lol at 1.2-1. What are you talking about here? You're suggesting that we'll hit a 12 outer 83.33% of the time. I think you need to study draws and pot odds as a combination learning tool. You are calling down with draws waaaay too often if this is what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

This entire post is a level right?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM

I ask because you seem to be completely missing the fact that there are 2 cards to come...
Old 11-07-2007, 06:12 PM

?

13 outs twice is roughly 13x4 (using the rule of 2 and 4) or 52% is like 1.1:1 , 50% is 1:1.

You're getting 50:20 -> 5:2 - > 2.5:1 so you need 1/(1+2.5) -> .29 -> 29%

Obviously if you find yourself in this situation you're calling. Only an idiot would fold this at any level, since even against a worst case set and another flush draw face up we have the required odds to call.

Board: Ad 4d 3c

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 28.682% 28.68% 00.00% 259 0.00 { Kd5d }
Hand 1: 62.348% 62.35% 00.00% 563 0.00 { AhAs }
Hand 2: 08.970% 08.97% 00.00% 81 0.00 { 7d6d }

Can I get a WTF?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two streets left, not one. We're 1.2-to-1, easy call.

Edit: If it was one street left, why would you assume that 90% of us would make a call not getting the odds??? Or is it that 90% of the total player pool for this level would call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with how many streets are left. (NL Holdem: A guide to cash games") I can't give you a reference b/c i dont have the book in front of me. But flush draws are 4-1 dogs, which means you will hit your hand roughly one time out of 4. I have a combo draw which increases it to roughly 3-1. hence i need 3-1 from the pot to make a call. if im only getting 2.5-1 from the pot, that means i have to hit my hand once out of every 2.5 hands to make this call, but I will only hit it once out of every 3.

Second, I was referring to the general quality of play at this limit that most people would make that call on the flop. i said nothing about the turn.

Lol at 1.2-1. What are you talking about here? You're suggesting that we'll hit a 12 outer 83.33% of the time. I think you need to study draws and pot odds as a combination learning tool. You are calling down with draws waaaay too often if this is what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK your original post was a pretty good troll attempt, I'd even go as far as to give it a 7/10. But after this follow up I'm going to have to drop your score down to 3/10. Better luck next time.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
?

13 outs twice is roughly 13x4 (using the rule of 2 and 4) or 52% is like 1.1:1 , 50% is 1:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't double count the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Also, be aware the Rule of 4 slightly overestimates your chances when you have a large number of outs (not that it makes a difference here)
Old 11-07-2007, 06:15 PM

actually the worst-case scenario is against a set and a made straight (with one of the flush cards), but even then you're still only a 2.6-1 dog.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM

thanks dickie. i think i'll stick to the CR forums here on out. 2+2 is full of pompous [censored] who's only objective is to make the OPP look like an idiot and not give sound advice. i misspoke and yes i was wrong on the odds. i get quality advice from this site about 20% of the time. CR gives it to me 90%+ of the time. i'm on here to learn not to see if my [censored] is bigger than everyone else. if you want to showboat and act like a pompous dick go to the BBV thread, capiche WhiteWolf? I was obv wrong and 50% of your post is unnecessary. Does that calculation meet your criteria?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't double count the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Also, be aware the Rule of 4 slightly overestimates your chances when you have a large number of outs (not that it makes a difference here)

[/ QUOTE ]

right... so 12 outs.

Not that it vaguely matters here. Still a mandatory call.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks dickie. i think i'll stick to the CR forums here on out. 2+2 is full of pompous [censored] who's only objective is to make the OPP look like an idiot and not give sound advice. i misspoke and yes i was wrong on the odds. i get quality advice from this site about 20% of the time. CR gives it to me 90%+ of the time. i'm on here to learn not to see if my [censored] is bigger than everyone else. if you want to showboat and act like a pompous dick go to the BBV thread, capiche WhiteWolf? I was obv wrong and 50% of your post is unnecessary. Does that calculation meet your criteria?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol how have you survived on these forums since april if you get so butt hurt about being a dumbass in your own thread and getting called out on it. btw you were the one who first started acting like a pompous dick in this thread, which was really funny because you were so obviously wrong.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually the worst-case scenario is against a set and a made straight (with one of the flush cards), but even then you're still only a 2.6-1 dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, wrong on both parts. I guess I should go post on some other site now. I'm not worthy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]