Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 PM

Default 25NL: two marginal spots with AK

My image is pretty [censored]

I've been raising everything in sight because they fold everything, call only with premium/pretty hands, and get stubborn when they miss.

------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $12.20
UTG: $18.50
MP: $23.90
Hero (CO): $34.95
BTN: $10.45
SB: $18.70

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, SB calls $2

Turn: ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $15.70 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $11.70

Baluga fold? or is this a random A enough?

------------------
HAND #2
------------------

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $14.25
CO: $23.25
BTN: $9.75
Hero (SB): $59.35
BB: $25.60
UTG: $18.45

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.25 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $5.50

I don't usually call in this spot but .... I talked myself into it this time. horrible?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: 25NL: two marginal spots with AK

Hand 1: looks like a Baluga fold, you're repping a strong A, and unless he's sophisticated enough to know you can lay down this hand, I'd be looking at a set of 9's or like AJ.

Hand 2: He has at worst like a J. Assuming our outs are clean , we have 6, so we need about 3:1 (we dont have odds). If he has AJ or KJ, this puts us in more trouble, and if he has a set, we're basically drawing dead to runners.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 PM

That is pretty much what I thought people would say.

Hand 1: My thinking- AQ cancels out AJ. My image puts AT in his range, and AT pays for a lot of set combinations. Some possibility of a frustrated flush draw.

Hand 2: He can have way worse hands than a Jack. He does this with all flush and straight draws too, and there are plenty of them in his range. I would say that the best hand he has here is a Jack.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 PM

alright, no interest. Results, H1 he has AQ, H2 he has 9To
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 AM

you really think the best hand he can have in hand 2 is a J? YOu don't think he does this with a set?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you really think the best hand he can have in hand 2 is a J? You don't think he does this with a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sets are combinatorially irrelevant. There are 9 sets out there total. There are 16 9T hands, 6 AJ hands, 6 KJ hands, 12 QJ hands, 12 JT hands, 12 J9 hands, 16 QT hands, 8 AQ hands, 16 79 hands, and a bunch of flushes. a hand like 77 is almost as likely by itself than all the sets. We should NEVER put people on sets in these situations, they effectively don't exist. A bluff with complete air is more likely.

Folding because there are too many valid jack combinations compared to draw combinations with significant equity is reasonable, and possibly even correct. Worrying about sets is just weak-tight.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 AM

I call hand 1 if I have been running over the table for a decent while, you built your image and now you have to go with it. Normally its a baluga fold but people notice when you are raising them non stop and eventually will take a stand, thats the perk of being maniacal. Hand 2 I fold pretty much always but Im glad it worked out for you. The reason why I fold hand 2 is the reason why I call in hand 1. They will play back with a wider range, but you could see bottom pair here for all you know. Even straight draws and flush draws are almost flipping with you.