Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Wpex Stole My Money

I know about the "Official Wpex" thread, but since this is a bit different, I felt it deserved its own thread.

My user name at Wpex is DAC... maybe you've seen me or played with me, since I've played a LOT there over the past 6 months - mainly 3-6 and 1-2 limit. I earned 24K of rakeback and another 3K in AA promotion money... also made the occasional sports wager to show my respect... always tried to start new tables and get games going… also actively promoted/hyped the site to others who joined... my reward?

Well on Monday night, I tried to make my first withdrawal… for $4,000... Tuesday morning, my account was locked... I assumed it was from the new release, but when I talked to support, they said it was locked because "Computer Assistance" had been detected on my account, and an "investigation" was underway.

My confusion was ignored, and the support people ultimately told me "Sean the Manager" would personally call me to discuss... when this never happened, I followed up today and received this gem:

"I have spoken with Sean about this matter and it was decided that your account will remain closed and all funds are going to be frozen. The reason being that you were detected using computer assistance with your poker playing.

You can call to discuss the matter with me if you like, however after with my discussion with Sean it was decided that the decision is final.

Nigel"

So I called Nigel, and he was top notch actually... but I only received vague reasons why my account was closed. I pointed out the "coincidence" of making a withdrawal request and then being banned... he admitted that "checks" were done only after the cashout request.

So, be careful out there... your money is controlled by the whims of others and you have no recourse if you are accused of something.

DAC
Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

What programs were you using? We never seem to hear that part of the stories.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm pretty sure 50% of the player base is going to have their funds frozen if it's the software I think it is.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure 50% of the player base is going to have their funds frozen if it's the software I think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 50%....more like 80%...and I'm one of the few donkeys that can't get the stupid thing to work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] maybe it'll save me in the end.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

details?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM

This is awesome I hope they use the seized money for advertising so the people who play legally can get some new players to play against.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

details?

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerace equivalent
Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 PM

They don't allow it? Are we talking about GT? Are we for some reason not allowed to say that? I don't understand why they'd format their HHs to allow it but still say it is against the rules?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM

If this is true this ia a HUGE scumbag move on their part. They wait until OP wants to cash out to decide he can't keep the money?

Even PartyPoker, the worst run business ever, sent out stuff saying "hey you are using _____ (i think it was called pokeredge? w/e that DB site people used was), stop or we take your USD"

This is like "hey thanks for the traffic but you've been violating the rules all along"

Not only is this a disservice to OP, but to the people that WPEX feels were "cheated" i guess by OP using "computer assistance". it's completely contradictory.

i'm glad I never put $ on this site.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 PM

luckily i dont use anything

but wow