Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 10:06 PM

Default How do you look for the fish, or do you?

I play on FT... when i see a real bad player (worse than me) that i know i have the potential to make a good amount off of i will search their name in the find a player function, then next time i log on i will search for the players that i have searched in the past and try to get on those tables...

problem with this, most of these fish are broke within a day or two and you wont see at the tables again...

what do you do? is there a way you search for certain fish or dont even bother just look for highest vpip tables?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: How do you look for the fish, or do you?

I don't search for all the bad players I've played with. There are simply too many. Just sit down and let them come to you. If you are a regular...and a good one at that, then most of the other good regulars won't want to sit with you. Usually when I sit down, i look at everything. If a player sits with under 100bbs i automatically think hes a weak player until I see otherwise. If i see someone sit with an odd number ($432.87) I think they'll either be playing ultra tight or crazy agg. Anybody that limps is a donk. These are the things I think as I develop reads on the players and get a feel for the table. When choosing tables I look for large average pots and i try to steer away from alot of short sacks...I seem to get into trouble playing them.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 PM

I think it takes too long to always search for the fish. The best thing to do is give each fish a certain color, like on full tilt i give all the fish the green circle. Then i try and find the tables with the most green players. Conversely, I mark all the good players with a red color. If there are more than 2 red players at a table, i get off it because the more good players you have, the less room there is for the bad players.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 PM

I seek out the short-stacks actually. I also note the hell out of them on FT by color, similar to Cent. I found some guy sitting with 6 buy-ins (god knows how) in a 1/2 room a few nights ago who spewed about $600 in an hour. I look for him now.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 AM

I like to ask them questions like what are the odds of making a flush with 2 hole cards and 2 on flop of same suit or I may say a tight UTG player makes a standard raise you are in the BB w/JJ and reraise he pushes - do you call?

Depending on there answer I sit down.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to ask them questions like what are the odds of making a flush with 2 hole cards and 2 on flop of same suit or I may say a tight UTG player makes a standard raise you are in the BB w/JJ and reraise he pushes - do you call?

Depending on there answer I sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I use these questions too. Though, usually the answer is "FU!"
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 AM

The normal answer is .5 or next thursday.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:49 AM

I keep all the super fish on my buddy list ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the AHK script that keeps this easy and convenient), and search for them when I start playing, and a couple times during my sessions. Other than that, I just go for the tables with high flop %s and largest avg. pot size. Whenever I see a table that I'm sitting at is full of TAGs, I'll close it.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 AM

A ^%@@#$^^%@#$3 mother %$@%$#%@#$^ Godd$#@%#$^ mirror.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:32 AM

I often ask players if they have read TOP and understand the fundamental theorem...if they answer with anything other than "sup bro" then I have found my fish tank.