Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
3. Every time those new characters whose names I forget open their mouth I find myself wondering why they bother introduced them. They both seem completely useless. Would anyone notice if they weren't there. I mean what was the point of introducing them so early in the season when they have done absolutely nothing. FWIW I'm glad that they haven't done anything because they are both played by awful actors they're characters seem to have no depth and everytime they speak I want to hit them. Even though they have been useless I think that's good because I would hate to see them get an important role unless something makes them intersting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but it's worth noting again, these two really suck.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haha...im thinkin the cat is the smoke monster...anybody else agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're dumb, and no

[/ QUOTE ]
How's that dumb? I'm pretty sure that the cat is the smoke monster. We've seen plenty of "figments" from people's lives on the island (Jack's dad, Dave, Kate's horse, Yemi, etc.) and we know that one of those (Yemi) was in fact the monster. Therefore, it's probable that all of them are, including the cat tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i don't necessarily disagree with the guy i just thought he was rapid fire posting a bunch of dumb [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I love that you're usually pretty laid back, but people doing dumb things in the Lost thread really grinds your gears.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 03-08-2007, 01:41 AM

As someone who actually enjoyed the past few episodes, I now see that my standards might have been adjusted downward. That was incredible. I'm grunching, but if anyone is complaining about this episode, please stop watching.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:50 AM

OP,

where do you get these wallpapers in your posts? im gonna need them all.

ill be watching this episode tomorrow when itunes has it available, hope its good!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:44 AM

Some notes from this episode:

Eyepatch's name is Mikhail Bakunin, which, not-so-surprisingly, has a root in the real world. The real Mikhail Bakunin was an 1800s revolutionary Russian anarchist who was exiled to Siberia, only to escape and continue his work until he died.

Mikhail (eyepatch) admitted that he was never part of the Dharma Initiative, but had come to the island 11 years ago.

He moved into the Flame station after "the purge", which I assume at this point to be some kind of genocide of people that got infected with the sickness (whatever Danielle's crew got, and why QUARANTINE is on the inside of the hatch doors).

The 'Barracks' was mentioned in the Orientation film for the Pearl station - the Pala Ferry was to take the inhabitants back there after their term of duty. Perhaps the Barracks is Othersville, as seen in the opening scene of season 3.

The cable on the beach leading into the ocean is finally explained. Take one off the season 1 mytery scoreboard.

Locke's obsession with games continues unabated.

The cat at the end belonged to Mikhail. It was Nadia (after Nadia Comaneci). It was the same cat. The smoke monster might seem to be able to instill itself in dead bodies around the island (Jack's dad, Yemi), but the horse from Kate's past showing up on the island can be explained - it was also at the Flame station.

Tremendous episode, as predicted 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also how weak was the "no nicknames for a week" thing. I mean come on that's the best you can think of?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am korean, so i'll translate. When Jin asked Sun what was going on she said "Hold up a sec...I have a plan." So basically, it's bound to have some third-level thinking there when she put up the stipulation.

SPOILER ALERT(KINDA): <font color="white"> One of the next episodes will deal with why sawyer gives nicknames to people. </font>
Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 AM

Great episode. My heart was pumping for extended parts of it. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sayid.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:06 AM

We still have no friggin clue about smokey. The hatch implosion is still a bit of a mystery to me. I mean, how did they get out alive! Why is there a crater in the ground the shape that it is. I don't think they will answer this. Will we ever see the tunnel system on the island?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM

I thought the episode was going great, then crashed.

Locke's idiocy was infuriating (leaving the sketchily tied captive alone) and then playing the computer game when they know the computers are hooked up to [censored] up stuff all around.

and Kate/Sayid's failure to tell Locke about the C4 was yet another infuriating instance of the Losties failing or refusing to share infomation with one another.

I thought introducing the satellite as a hope and subsequently destroying it 30 minutes later was a lazy, cheap subplot.

and, if the satellite was the 'only way off to communicate with the outside world' as Sayid said, then why not stay and try to figure out how it works? Seems to me getting the entire group discovered/rescued would be more important than trying to rescue Jack. They knew that the Flame station wasn't isolated, that more Others would return at some point, and they wouldn't have access to the satellite forever.

side note, seeing the "previously on Lost" clip of the dock scene where the take the bags of the heads of Kate/Jack/Hurley reminded me of how cool/mysterious/powerful The Others were. seeing and learning about them now is almost always a letdown.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Every time those new characters whose names I forget open their mouth I find myself wondering why they bother introduced them. They both seem completely useless. Would anyone notice if they weren't there. I mean what was the point of introducing them so early in the season when they have done absolutely nothing. FWIW I'm glad that they haven't done anything because they are both played by awful actors they're characters seem to have no depth and everytime they speak I want to hit them. Even though they have been useless I think that's good because I would hate to see them get an important role unless something makes them intersting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but it's worth noting again, these two really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory on those two is they're supposed to give us some insight in to what the "other losties" are thinking. Remember how annoyed they got at the beginning of the season because they never got included, etc? They're a little balance. I hope they never get more involved than they are. They're pretty terrible.