Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Default T7s NL50

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.00
BB: $48.50
UTG: $21.25
MP: $50.05
Hero (CO): $50.95
BTN: $28.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>

no stats on villain , but he tanked a bit on the flop which led me to believe he called me with a weak ace or a PP..do you like the semibluff on the turn , or should i C/C or C/F here?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: T7s NL50

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.00
BB: $48.50
UTG: $21.25
MP: $50.05
Hero (CO): $50.95
BTN: $28.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>

no stats on villain , but he tanked a bit on the flop which led me to believe he called me with a weak ace or a PP..do you like the semibluff on the turn , or should i C/C or C/F here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check call here is the worst possible choice. Firing again on the turn at least gives villain opportunity to fold. Checking gives you the opportunity at a free card (as well as villain if he is on the hearts draw).

The main problem is that you have played the hand well except for your pf hand selection. I don't see any other way to play it if you are going to but, in my opinion this is a minus EV situation you have put yourself in. It all starts PF.

I wouldn't consider playing this hand until at least the Button or SB.

+EV
Old 08-09-2007, 04:35 PM

I can't see this hand being -EV from the CO. His button calling range is behind your range. I'd leave this hand alone from the SB though.

Bigger issue is you have a semi short stack on the button. As a rule, I tighten up and try to play real hands. I probably c/f on the turn though since he'll going to call with just about any piece. If a bigger stack had came along, I would fire again on the turn.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:54 PM

Pre-flop selection is fine. This is a standard raise here for me.

I think this and check fold or check call depending on bet size are all fine.

If he calls this turn bet shove diamond river and check-fold non diamond river.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:22 PM

In general I like double barreling when I pick up a good draw, but on this board it is just too likely he has a weak ace he won't fold, and we can't call a push no matter what we bet. he has to fold on the turn a lot before we can get involved here.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:36 PM

played fine, but i bet more on both flop and turn
Old 08-09-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no stats on villain , but he tanked a bit on the flop which led me to believe he called me with a weak ace or a PP..

[/ QUOTE ]
I think trying to get an unknown villian to dump one of these hands on the turn is -ev here. I also think if you check there is a good chance he bets and you have to fold. Therefore, I prefer a min-bet here.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no stats on villain , but he tanked a bit on the flop which led me to believe he called me with a weak ace or a PP..

[/ QUOTE ]
I think trying to get an unknown villian to dump one of these hands on the turn is -ev here. I also think if you check there is a good chance he bets and you have to fold. Therefore, I prefer a min-bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think villain's calling a good-sized bet with 88 here, with both an A and K on the board?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:05 PM

filsteal,
I have no idea as we have no read. There are alot of NL $50 players who dump 88 here but there are alot who are call station droolers. If villian peeled the flop w 88 I think theres a good chance he/she's calling down. Also, I think a weak ace is a larger part of villian range, wich is teh nutz to alot of players at this level.