Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 11:36 AM

Default Pooh Bah Post Ideas

Well it's almost that time for me. I have about 70ish more posts left (probably 1-2 weeks) before reaching the coveted Pooh Bah status. The thing is - I have to start thinking about ideas for my PB Post. I have a couple ideas in my head, but I would like to hear from SSNL what they'd like to see a PB post written about that hasn't been done yet. This way I can hopefully get some time together to write a well thought out post. Thanks all.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Pooh Bah Post Ideas

Reverse implied odds. I read the chapter in NLTAP about it, but I don't really *get* it and don't know how to apply it in a game.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:39 AM

My advice would be to not feel compelled to write one unless you feel the need or desire to. We've had some excellent PB posts, and we've had some that are potentially damaging to our poker games and the earth's environment.

What do you feel passionately about? What area of the game do you feel you've beat like the last limping 5-year old in a successful cage match? Go in that direction, but PB posts are not a requirement.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:42 AM

Ooh. Good thread. My pooh-bah came and went without me having any good ideas. I should really make a (belated) one.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go in that direction, but PB posts are not a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been making a lot of posts lately but am not sure about this particular element of the 2p2 hierachical status and the different rites of passage.

Is a PB post just like a tradition? Do most do it? Is there a C/T post tradition, too?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go in that direction, but PB posts are not a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been making a lot of posts lately but am not sure about this particular element of the 2p2 hierachical status and the different rites of passage.

Is a PB post just like a tradition? Do most do it? Is there a C/T post tradition, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has become a kind of tradition in this forum to expound upon a particular aspect of poker strategy when you reach PB status. But remember that a high post count is not necessarily indicative of a good player.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 AM

Well I know they're not a requirement. I'd like to write one for the simple reason that I feel like SSNL has really taken my game to the next level over the past 6 months or so and this is my way (and I feel like everyone's way) of contributing back to the forum.

As for topics that I have been thinking...I have been thinking of a few that I could write well about. I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I know they're not a requirement. I'd like to write one for the simple reason that I feel like SSNL has really taken my game to the next level over the past 6 months or so and this is my way (and I feel like everyone's way) of contributing back to the forum.

As for topics that I have been thinking...I have been thinking of a few that I could write well about. I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cappy,

2p2 has made my game immeasurably better, but I did not feel compelled write a PB post. I only did so because the subject of position had come up a lot at that point, and some posters asked for a thought-out take on playing OOP. But I am not a good enough authority to write theory posts on every topic in the game, and I only obliged because I am confident in positional play.

Asking other posters for ideas isn't a bad idea, but if everyone wanted to know about 4-betting ranges preflop, I'd probably not write a PB post on it, because I'm not adept enough in that area. It's a better idea to ask yourself what your true poker strengths are.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:55 AM

The importance of reads, bluffs and opponents in SSNL.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cappy,

2p2 has made my game immeasurably better, but I did not feel compelled write a PB post. I only did so because the subject of position had come up a lot at that point, and some posters asked for a thought-out take on playing OOP. But I am not a good enough authority to write theory posts on every topic in the game, and I only obliged because I am confident in positional play.

Asking other posters for ideas isn't a bad idea, but if everyone wanted to know about 4-betting ranges preflop, I'd probably not write a PB post on it, because I'm not adept enough in that area. It's a better idea to ask yourself what your true poker strengths are.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. Obviously you need to be writing about some area in which you have thoughts to contribute that will be valuable.

However, I woudl like to hear your thoughts on reraising preflop in SSNL. It's such an integral part of the dynamics of HSNL and even MSNL, and can be a very effective way to run a table, but I'd like to hear a knowledgeable post about incorporating it into small stakes play