Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Kidpoker > Stinger

Haralab. please post ALOT more
Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haralab. please post ALOT more

[/ QUOTE ]

Also your wasting your time with rational argument in NVG
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of you guys seem to think that all the internet superstars are much better NL players than someone like Daniel. I also think that people had a lot of fun watching Daniel spew for a few episodes on HSP.

I remember playing in the 200-400nl live games at Bellagio 2 WSOP's ago and everyone in the game talking about how horrible Daniel was at NL. Daniel may not have been as good at NL as the regulars who play high NL on the net nor high NL in the bigger live games at that particular time, but if anyone thinks that he doesn't have the poker skill to be one of the best NL players if he so choosed they are crazy.

Daniel has been one of the best donkament players when he has applied himself to tourneys, I think if he applied himself to NL whether it was live or on the net he'd experience similar success. His style in tournaments isn't to push and hope to get lucky, he plays better post flop than most of the players and has a unique style that is perfectly suited for good structure NL tournaments. He is also a good enough poker player that if he wanted to find a style that would work in cash games he surely would.

I have played pretty much all of the "great" live NL players, I have also played most of these superstar internet players a bunch whether it was HU or ring, and in my opinion if Daniel N decided that he wanted to focus on NL cash games be it on the Net or Live, he'd be a pretty big winner and probably one of the top players.

He may make a few mistakes early on that the more deep stacked experienced cash players would laugh at, but he probably wouldn't make them for long.

The problem with Daniel is that he unlike many of the current NL poker superstars du jour isn't spending 10-14 hours a day playing NL. This is pretty much the only thing separating him from the current top players.

H.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone would disagree with the idea that Negreanu would be a top High Stakes NLHE player if he applied and dedicated himself.

What peopel don't like is how Negreanu acts as if he is ALREADY one of the top no limit holdem players, when he isn't.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:03 AM

stinger could be value betting AQ there
Old 09-14-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. It depends if AK is suited or off-soot. AK off-soot is a favorite because it can make two flushes, as well as two different straights. That's more outs than I can count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle addresses the advantage of AKo over AKs in SS. "There's a big difference between A-K suited and A-K offsuit.... You can make one of two flushes with A-K offsuit" (page 473).

Doyle also says "I would rather have A-K than A-A or K-K" (page 453).

So, if A-K is better than A-A or K-K, than A-K is better than QQ, ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm, surely the correct conclusion, given that QQ beats AKo 57% of the time, is that QQ > AKo => QQ > AA and KK?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Doyle addresses the advantage of AKo over AKs in SS. "There's a big difference between A-K suited and A-K offsuit.... You can make one of two flushes with A-K offsuit" (page 473).

Doyle also says "I would rather have A-K than A-A or K-K" (page 453).

So, if A-K is better than A-A or K-K, than A-K is better than QQ, ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares?

Doyle sucks. He only has ten bracelets. Phil Hellmuth has eleven. I only take advice from Phil. Tournament players are so much better than cash game players. His book "Play Poker Like the Pros" has taught me all I know. I'm ordering his black belt course next. It has secrets he's never revealed before. Says so on TV.

In his top ten hands, AA is number 1. If he says it, then it's true.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In his top ten hands, AA is number 1. If he says it, then it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]
But AK is easier to get away from!!! Can't you realize that, idiot??
Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 AM

Wow, I just had an epiphany. If AK is easier to get away from than AA, imagine how easy to get away from 72o would be. Totally underrated hand for that reason IMO.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:32 AM

everyone here jumping on the "that's what stinger gets for only repping one hand" bandwagon is not levelling and they're all being stupid
Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 AM

People generally tend to give the best online NL players (and limit players even moreso) too much credit. A lot of them happen to be very good at what they do but I think a lot of the best natural poker minds are still some of the top live players. I'd categorize DN as one of them and think that if he truly made it his #1 priority to beat shorthanded 100/200NL on stars as it is for the other guys playing the game, he could do it at a small clip.