Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Pooh Bah Post Ideas

[ QUOTE ]
The importance of opponents in SSNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go: It is very difficult to win money without opponents in SSNL. They are VERY important. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2006, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cappy,

2p2 has made my game immeasurably better, but I did not feel compelled write a PB post. I only did so because the subject of position had come up a lot at that point, and some posters asked for a thought-out take on playing OOP. But I am not a good enough authority to write theory posts on every topic in the game, and I only obliged because I am confident in positional play.

Asking other posters for ideas isn't a bad idea, but if everyone wanted to know about 4-betting ranges preflop, I'd probably not write a PB post on it, because I'm not adept enough in that area. It's a better idea to ask yourself what your true poker strengths are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. I am obviously not going to write about something like playing draws OOP even if 40 people say they want that...simply because I don't feel comfortable doing something like that. I am obviously writing something towards my strengths. I just wanted to hear some ideas, and if they matched with what I felt comfortable with, then we have something to get the ball rolling.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:04 PM

You shoud probably think about the biggest/most frequent/important mistake you used to make when you werent beating 100nl/50nl/whatever, but ill make a few suggestions anyway since i dont see them in the master sticky:

Raising limpers vs imping along
CC vs 3bet pre flop
bluff raise flop vs float on flop
Cbetting generally
how to exploit habitual under/overbettors/mini raisers or why 2p2 recommends near psbs on flop and turn usually.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've had some excellent PB posts, and we've had some that are potentially damaging to our poker games and the earth's environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 08-03-2006, 12:42 PM

The most interesting thing I read lately was in regards to pressure points within hands. If you have some thoughts on this in regards to SSNL it would be useful.

http://doubleas.blogspot.com/2005_05...12157952476050

"I believe this post is one of the key NL concepts necessary to do well in SNGs, MTTs. A lot of the same principles apply for ring games, but with a finite amount of chips on the table, being the aggressor at the peak of the pressure point is a big advantage. "
Old 08-03-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We've had some excellent PB posts, and we've had some that are potentially damaging to our poker games and the earth's environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

And hey, I'm not immune. There are plenty who would argue that mine falls into that category.