Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:49 PM

Default raise mediocre hand and nail the flop

I raise Q 9h UTG get 3 bet cut off, and the big blind calls two more. Flop Q 9 2 rainbow. i check, cut off bets, big blind raises, I 3 bet, and cut off caps. Turn 4, great card i bet, cut off raises, big blind calls two cold, i 3 bet all call. River 4 for a final board of Q 9 2 4 4. My problem in the hand is what my river action should be?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: raise mediocre hand and nail the flop

Seems like a pretty standard inata-b/f. b/c is still better than c/c, because it gets raised extremely rarely. If it's 6 handed, fold preflop.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 PM

folding preflop is pretty standard, but i was running over the game and not getting 3 bet too often. when that river comes i thought it was closer to a check call or even possibly check fold with how the tight the game was playing, but with that said i guess if im going to call a bet i might as well bet it. thanks not that tough of a decision when i thought about the hand i guess
Old 11-20-2007, 11:07 PM

What a terrible river. Yuck.

Your action though, should be bet. You have convinced everyone that you have a monster. If you check, you certainly can't fold. As long as a bet is going in when you are behind, you may as well get that bet in when you are ahead as well.

The only reason to check is to hope that the 3rd player will check behind with KK or AA. You haven't told us anything about this player, but if it were me, I'd bet for sure.

Bet and expect to lose less than checking and calling.

good luck.
Eric
Old 11-22-2007, 01:32 AM

This is one of the rare spots where I would be pretty comfortable with bet/fold.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:22 AM

You guys honestly think he is 3b/bet-capping/raise-calling with AQ here, especially considering BB has a big Q here?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:42 PM

when the hand was all said and done the 3 bettor showed AQ and the bb won the pot with KK. with the bb not capping pre flop it kind of messed up my read on the hand. i thought the 3 bettor was more likely to have AA or KK and the bb i was thinking more of AQ or KQ. either way with all the action on the turn 3 ways i find it hard to believe that im going win the pot with running pair to counterfeit my hand vs overpair and was wondering if anyone thought the river was closer to a check fold or check call ever.