Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 05:24 PM

Default 3/6 live: K high 1 card flush

This is one of the hands I played at Turning Stone yesterday. The players were generally loose/passive.

I'm in the BB w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop: 4 limpers from mid and late position, SB completes, and I check

Flop: J53 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check. First limper bets and two call. I call (should I have folded?)

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, first limper bets, one fold, and last position raises. Easy fold with 2nd best one card flush considering players are generally passive and my hand is not that good?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: 3/6 live: K high 1 card flush

The way you played it , I would have c/r the flop and led the turn. If your going to play it passive, at least call the turn bet, you have 2nd nuts. Running bad, seeing ghosts? Bet, get some $$ in the pot.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:49 PM

I actually raised the turn. First bettor folded and raiser reraised and was all in. I ended up paying off his A high flush.
I was wondering if my line there was ok
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually raised the turn. First bettor folded and raiser reraised and was all in. I ended up paying off his A high flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check/raising the flop is no good imo. I fold the turn.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the turn with the second nuts? I'm not sure how easy that is, but when you are facing two cold, you would think that the raiser has to have the Ace [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] because he would not do this with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Yeah, so it looks like a fold. Only problem is dealing with the situations where villain has a worse flush, and since he was getting down to the felt, the likelihood of him holding worse than the nut flush increases as players will do this when they don't have chips left. They just throw it all in hoping their hand is good.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the turn with the second nuts? I'm not sure how easy that is, but when you are facing two cold, you would think that the raiser has to have the Ace [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] because he would not do this with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Yeah, so it looks like a fold. Only problem is dealing with the situations where villain has a worse flush, and since he was getting down to the felt, the likelihood of him holding worse than the nut flush increases as players will do this when they don't have chips left. They just throw it all in hoping their hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree about the bolded part. I was considering calling (3-betting awfull for sure since the turnbettor won't fold the nuts and we want him to call with smaller flushes). But for us to be ahead the turn bettor needs to bet a four flush board with the 4th best flush and the raser to have the 3th best. That's not likely.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree about the bolded part. I was considering calling (3-betting awfull for sure since the turnbettor won't fold the nuts and we want him to call with smaller flushes). But for us to be ahead the turn bettor needs to bet a four flush board with the 4th best flush and the raser to have the 3th best. That's not likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat. Good point.