Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do I start at RB?
S. Alexander (if he plays) @ SF 8 42.11%
M. Jones-Drew Vs NYG 2 10.53%
F. Taylor Vs NYG 5 26.32%
W. Dunn @ Bal 1 5.26%
T. Henry @ PHI 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

You have no idea what she did. Sometimes a woman might deserve it. I aint for hitting women for no reason but no the whole truth be4 passing judgement. Let me make a list of things that a woman might deserve to get hit for.

1. She spends all of your money and leaves you with nothing

2. She screws another man in your house.

3. She repeatedly bites your wee wee head during oral sex

4. She molests your kids or does something cruel to them

Those are the only things I can think of that deserve an ass whoopin!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now he is about 6'2, and 210lbs. I am 5'8 and 160. So I ask, WTF am I supposed to do here? He seemed adequately drunk and could almost definitely kick the crap outta me.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh
When I was 15 a drunk adult who was much much bigger than me tried to KO me with a beer can. I blocked it, gave him an open palmed uppercut to the jaw, and then 1 second later, I had a full mount on him and I was grounding and pounding his face on the sidewalk.
I was just a skinny kid with very minimal fight training. Drunk people cannot fight worth a damn.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:22 PM

I agree being drunk does not help with fighting just pain it seems.

Last night some dude from knoxville, was in UofI for whatever reason and charged at me outside, i didnt even have to defend my self since he fell over himself and face planted on the pavement.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who doesn't try and fight the guy because she hit first? I hate double standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree that her hitting first means she got what she asked for. The guy's still a jerk though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] there are some disgusting views expressed in this thread, and others like it on 2+2 in general.

The facts as they are presented in OP: -animosity exists between guy and girl who are staring each other down.
-the guy, approximately 6'2" and 210 lbs, approaches the girl.
-she slaps him.
-he hits her with full force in the face and knocks her to the ground.
-he appears to contemplate kicking the crap out of her while she's on the ground.

Now, granted, there are a select few sets of cirumstances where the guy's actions might have been, if not excusable, somewhat understandable. Maybe she set about hitting on some raw nerve with him and he just snapped. It's possible. I think there's a far larger set of circumstances that involve the guy being a huge douchebag who likes to exercise the physical dominance he has over his woman, but you know, in principle it is at least possible that his actions are not deserving of blanket condemnation.

What is so horrid, though, is that there are people who think that because she supposedly innitiated it with a slap (even though OP states that she slapped him after he stepped towards her), that the guy is justified to respond by beating her down. It really is just sickening hearing that sentiment expressed.

By the way, jlocdog, I think you handled it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the guy's behavior was remotely excusable, I was just saying that I don't have much sympathy for women who hit guys. I did very clearly say, "The guy's still a jerk though." Another way to phrase what I said would be, "Her behavior doesn't make me feel much sympathy, but the guy's behavior is inexcusable regardless."

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you don't know if the guy is a jerk, or if she deserved it, but you assume that he didn't ask for a slap, and say that a punch is an appropriate reaction.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:36 PM

i wanna try to fight snowball for some reason
Old 11-11-2007, 10:38 PM

If a woman dont wanna get hit she shouldnt put herself in a mans position.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who doesn't try and fight the guy because she hit first? I hate double standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree that her hitting first means she got what she asked for. The guy's still a jerk though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] there are some disgusting views expressed in this thread, and others like it on 2+2 in general.

The facts as they are presented in OP: -animosity exists between guy and girl who are staring each other down.
-the guy, approximately 6'2" and 210 lbs, approaches the girl.
-she slaps him.
-he hits her with full force in the face and knocks her to the ground.
-he appears to contemplate kicking the crap out of her while she's on the ground.

Now, granted, there are a select few sets of cirumstances where the guy's actions might have been, if not excusable, somewhat understandable. Maybe she set about hitting on some raw nerve with him and he just snapped. It's possible. I think there's a far larger set of circumstances that involve the guy being a huge douchebag who likes to exercise the physical dominance he has over his woman, but you know, in principle it is at least possible that his actions are not deserving of blanket condemnation.

What is so horrid, though, is that there are people who think that because she supposedly innitiated it with a slap (even though OP states that she slapped him after he stepped towards her), that the guy is justified to respond by beating her down. It really is just sickening hearing that sentiment expressed.

By the way, jlocdog, I think you handled it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the guy's behavior was remotely excusable, I was just saying that I don't have much sympathy for women who hit guys. I did very clearly say, "The guy's still a jerk though." Another way to phrase what I said would be, "Her behavior doesn't make me feel much sympathy, but the guy's behavior is inexcusable regardless."

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you don't know if the guy is a jerk, or if she deserved it, but you assume that he didn't ask for a slap, and say that a punch is an appropriate reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I did not say that a punch was an appropriate reaction. Stop reading stuff into my post that I didn't say.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what if he just bitchslaps her back, does everyone think he's a POS that should die then? not knowing anything about the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm all for bitchslapping women (assuming the bitchslapped first).
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM

i was in a similar situation this summer and ended up feeling [censored] about my lack of action as well. was walking down the street in Provincetown, Cape Cod which is a really small touristy type town. Lots of people on the streets and lots of drinking. A couple is having an argument and people are starting to pay attention. You can tell that the guy is about to hit the girl any second. I'm walking with 2 other guys, and if we had just moved toward them and spoke up we could have stopped him from hitting her. Instead I stopped and watched them fight some more before he finally slapped her. She fought back, slugged him a couple times in the face and he walked away.

Didn't call the cops, didn't stop it. Still feel [censored] about it because there was no chance of me getting my ass kicked. Was a crowded street and I had friends with me. Should have spoke up sooner.

In your case, there was nothing you could do. Calling the cops might be best, but it won't really change anything for either of them.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:09 AM

You did fine. Asking her if she needed help and paying for a cab was a nice gesture. Calling the cops would have been dumb. For many reasons, I think it's best to just mind your own business when you see two strangers in an altercation on the street.