Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do I start at RB?
S. Alexander (if he plays) @ SF 8 42.11%
M. Jones-Drew Vs NYG 2 10.53%
F. Taylor Vs NYG 5 26.32%
W. Dunn @ Bal 1 5.26%
T. Henry @ PHI 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

All,

I am not sure about the rest of you but I find a distinct difference between a girl slapping a guy and a guy throwing a right hook to a girls face. This is on the merits of an open vs. closed fist and a guy vs. a girl. Neither seems equal to its counterpart.

Oddly enough, after she slapped him, I might not have thought much if he grabbed her forcefully to contain the situation or even slapped her back. But the right hook seemed WAY out of line and should never happen. Even a slap back is uncalled for but an offense that does not deserve my intervention IMO.

Lastly, for those wondering, she was a 6.5 on the OOT scale. A typical upper east side looking girl for those that know what I mean. Not the look of one who regularly has brawl type drama on her saturday evening schedule.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Is it just me or has this thread been made like 5 times before, and occurred in NYC each time?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM

I would have probably slugged the guy, but:

1. I am bigger than him.
2. I have a bit of a Batman complex.

I agree though, that the OP did the right thing. Even if OP could have beaten the guy to a pulp it would not have undone the dude punching the girl in the face.

OP, I think you handled the situation in a very classy way.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who doesn't try and fight the guy because she hit first? I hate double standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree that her hitting first means she got what she asked for. The guy's still a jerk though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] there are some disgusting views expressed in this thread, and others like it on 2+2 in general.

The facts as they are presented in OP: -animosity exists between guy and girl who are staring each other down.
-the guy, approximately 6'2" and 210 lbs, approaches the girl.
-she slaps him.
-he hits her with full force in the face and knocks her to the ground.
-he appears to contemplate kicking the crap out of her while she's on the ground.

Now, granted, there are a select few sets of cirumstances where the guy's actions might have been, if not excusable, somewhat understandable. Maybe she set about hitting on some raw nerve with him and he just snapped. It's possible. I think there's a far larger set of circumstances that involve the guy being a huge douchebag who likes to exercise the physical dominance he has over his woman, but you know, in principle it is at least possible that his actions are not deserving of blanket condemnation.

What is so horrid, though, is that there are people who think that because she supposedly innitiated it with a slap (even though OP states that she slapped him after he stepped towards her), that the guy is justified to respond by beating her down. It really is just sickening hearing that sentiment expressed.

By the way, jlocdog, I think you handled it well.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you got her number right?

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl, no but really op this is +Karma for you at the least.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:05 PM

i have little sympathy for women who put up with this kind of [censored]. especially if they are just bf/gf. makes me think they like getting hit.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM

you did well except for paying for the cab.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 PM

I'm pretty sure if I was drunk I would kick the [censored] out of the guy.

If I'm sober I probably do as you did, but probably call the police without her consent.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a woman hit by a man.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:28 PM

mind your own business next time
Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who doesn't try and fight the guy because she hit first? I hate double standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree that her hitting first means she got what she asked for. The guy's still a jerk though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] there are some disgusting views expressed in this thread, and others like it on 2+2 in general.

The facts as they are presented in OP: -animosity exists between guy and girl who are staring each other down.
-the guy, approximately 6'2" and 210 lbs, approaches the girl.
-she slaps him.
-he hits her with full force in the face and knocks her to the ground.
-he appears to contemplate kicking the crap out of her while she's on the ground.

Now, granted, there are a select few sets of cirumstances where the guy's actions might have been, if not excusable, somewhat understandable. Maybe she set about hitting on some raw nerve with him and he just snapped. It's possible. I think there's a far larger set of circumstances that involve the guy being a huge douchebag who likes to exercise the physical dominance he has over his woman, but you know, in principle it is at least possible that his actions are not deserving of blanket condemnation.

What is so horrid, though, is that there are people who think that because she supposedly innitiated it with a slap (even though OP states that she slapped him after he stepped towards her), that the guy is justified to respond by beating her down. It really is just sickening hearing that sentiment expressed.

By the way, jlocdog, I think you handled it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the guy's behavior was remotely excusable, I was just saying that I don't have much sympathy for women who hit guys. I did very clearly say, "The guy's still a jerk though." Another way to phrase what I said would be, "Her behavior doesn't make me feel much sympathy, but the guy's behavior is inexcusable regardless."