Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 03:07 AM

Default 25nl AA facing donkbet on the turn

no numbers, no reads.

what am i supposed to do here? villain is weak? strong? do i raise and fold to a reraise?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($6.55)
UTG ($12.35)
MP ($28.30)
Hero ($24.30)
Button ($31)
SB ($54.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP calls $2.75.

Turn: ($9.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: 25nl AA facing donkbet on the turn

The donkbet-call, donkbet-call flop and turn line seems to be getting more popular these days, and I think it's hard to know what the hell Villain is doing when readless. One big possibility is that he just picked up a flush draw to go with his pair, but there is also some chance that he got there and is hoping to repeat the turn action. There's also some chance he planned to checkraise the turn and then that turn card scared him off of that plan.

At the table, I probably would freeze up here, to be honest, and just call. But I think I like raising better, since, really, I suspect you'll frequently have 2/3-3/4 equity here.

I also think a raise commits so much of your stack that a raise-fold seems really distasteful, so there's an argument for calling. Plus, I'm not at all sure that Villain didn't flop two pair.

Ugh. I don't know, and I'm wondering what others will say.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: 25nl AA facing donkbet on the turn

I suspect you are up against a made flush a large portion of the time, so in these spots I generally call and fold to a big river bet or a smallerbet if a fourth diamond comes. Sometimes he does have pair+FD and by just calling you give him great odds to hit but it will suck when he cold calls your raise and leads river big and you will probably be unable to call.