Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:26 PM

Default book review: Clive Cussler, FLOOD TIDE

total crap.
ridiculous.
far fetched.
not believable.
bizarre coincidences abound.

I grew up reading every Hardy Boys, every James bond, I love the junk summer reads of adventure and mystery.
I am generous with literary license, (referance Bond, James Bond), but the NO ONE can pull the number of logic leaping two-outers in succession as Dirk Pitt, we all pull a two outer, but no one goes all in knowing it will take a two outer. Gotta love the name though....Dirk Pitt....the old one syllable, hard consonants....Alpha male.

I found no, none, zero, redeeming value in the time efforted in reading this book.
In the arena of full disclosure I admit to a troubling personal issue of HAVING to finish a book or movie I start. so I take responsibility for the last 3 of 4 hours I could have spent mowing the lawn as better entertainment.

I have issued standing orders to those around me to lash out and strike me should I be seen with another Cussler in my hands.

Anyone have a suggestion for a beach book?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: book review: Clive Cussler, FLOOD TIDE

Dude Cussler's old Dirk Pitt novels were the [censored]. Not sure about Flood tide but the previous ones were pulpy blasts to read
Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: book review: Clive Cussler, FLOOD TIDE

boy, i used to love Dirk Pitt books when I was a teen, but the last couple I read were exactly how you described them - completely unbelievable.

I went back and re-read Raise the Titanic and some other older ones, and they hold up. The new ones don't. Lazy.

I also noticed the same thing with latter Ludlum books before he died. They were awful. But the old ones are still great.