Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: rounders - AA999 v. AAA99

I can't believe that this worthless thread continues...

Oh yeah, I guess I just added to it with an equally worthless post...

It was a freaking, fictional movie with freaking, fictional poker hands...lets all get on with our poker lives!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude... the scene with the biggest problem is the one with KGB at the end... the flop is 6 7 10, rainbow... WHAT DRAW could DAMON BE ON... 8 5 unsuited? 9 J??? It doesnt make any sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

You got the scene correct, but you missed the biggest problem. If mike is on a draw, as he claims, why the HELL would KGB go all in on the river? If mike only has a missed draw, he'll instamuck. If he really thought mike was on a draw, he should check it to him, allowing him to try and bluff. Horribly misplayed. At first I also thought wtf, what draw would he have. It took me a few run throughs to realize 45 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Teddy had TT on the final hand. If you slow down the end and pause it just after he throw the cards, you can see that they are both tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's definately TT. There's one frame where it's clearly visible.

[/ QUOTE ]

level? no there isn't. the point is that it doesn't matter what KGB had, because they want you to think that HU poker is about getting into your opponents heads, etc etc. So as long as Teddy is convinced Mike is on a draw, he'll fire two barrels and when no draws get there he bluff-shoves the river to get the guy who will die if he loses his stack to fold.

why couldn't teddy have like total rags there, or a hand like AT that hollywooded a little? Why wouldn't mike fold a hand like 86s, a hand that might be "on a draw" to a shove on the river?

Also, the last hand is Mike's Johnny Chan moment, "he flops the nut straight and has the discipline to wait him out. He knows he (KGB/Seidel)'s not winning anything with those cards." Funny, the exact same words apply to this hand, and that was the dramatic poetic ending for this movie also.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:16 PM

i still like the movie

MIKE: Put a guy like me in a weak game like that, the cards themselves hardly matter. A fish acts strong, he's bluffing, acts meek, he has a hand.