Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: 117k poker tracker stats..

[ QUOTE ]
I am working on digesting SSHE and apparently should pickup GSIH for my next meal, SSHE has not left my side since Christmas, literally, and has curled covers and yellow stickies everywhere. I have read many of Ed's posts in here and got a lot out of the "why aren't you guys crushing low limits holdem" but I really wonder who to listen to. So I guess the real question is "do you guys have problems with or take issue with specific statements in SSHE"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me first thank Ed Miller, thank you Mr Miller, for that excellent advice on NOT folding decent hands for ONE or TWO bets. Reading that post literally turned me from a break even player into a small winner in the micros over 14k.

I can remember a zillion times in my short poker career, even after reading SSH, that I have folded the best hand. I was in a party 2/4 game back in 2005 and had AQ. The pot was capped 4 ways before the flop and the flop came a Q and and two black small cards. The turn was a King. There was a bet and a raise and I folded. Little did I know that three players were capping just about every pot and A8o ended up winning the pot.

Since that time I have done it many more times. Over the past two weeks or so I have seen more of my decent hands to the river and actually won quite a few of them. When I show down AK on ragged boards I'm amazed at the kind of stuff people call down with gut shots, ace little, king ten, jack ten, just some bizzare stuff. Heck even 99 with two overs held up a couple times. This kind of stuff I would have folded on the turn if bet into. Pretty nittish huh?

As for who to listen to...well that's a toughie. I haven't been around all that long so I don't really know who here is credible and who is not. But I can say with certainty that Miller, Sklansky, and a few mods are great sources and have seen it all. And like it was said once before, if you study your a$$ off in the 2+2 library, have discipline, get lots of experience and get a little luck every once in a while as well as doing some thinking on your own, you'll be in much better shape than the average poker player.

Lots of Luck

Google
Old 05-09-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: 117k poker tracker stats..

there are some really good posts in this thread.

kerowo and bilge...nh