Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: 117k poker tracker stats..

[ QUOTE ]
Top 10 hands? Have you been reading Hellmuth's book, too? Steps to becoming a better poker player:

1. Forget Hellmuth's book.
2. Buy Small Stakes Hold'em
3. Read it.
4. ???
5. Profit!

[/ QUOTE ]

So perhaps I did read this book [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Going to pick up Small Stakes Hold 'Em tonight! Thanks for the input.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 AM

adrix, are you going to take me up on the challenge to actually get involved in teh forum or are you going to disappear into the night? Do you want to actually get better at poker or do you want to continue with your weaktight (bottish-like) play?

seriously, we are used to seeing strangers who post stat posts asking for advice but who never contribute and then disappear .... whilst Ill never know for sure what happens to people who do this I would bet that they dont end up being as good at poker as the people who stick around and actually learn to play poker. You are not as good at poker as you think you are, im not as good as I think I am. People with high postcounts here arent posting because are 100% devoted to helping others win money...they do so because they want to get better at poker and win money from people who suck less than they do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

so unless you are infact a bot programmer you have no reason to be afraid to actually post in this forum. ok?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:58 AM

kickbanlockdeletethread pls.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:10 AM

I want to give OP an change to come back and answer some of the questions he was asked (eg Wookie wants to see a timeframe for the 117k hands) and prove everyone wrong...Im not that hopeful though so dont be surprised if one of us greens locks it sooner or later.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 AM

Guys, I am trying to learn this game and if I get blasted again I just won't hang around here. I have 3000 hands over 5 weeks (I know, not enough hands) but my stats are not changing. I want to learn as I go, I do not want to have 10000 hands and everybody tell me you should have done this or that. I am to tight and do not raise enough ie 18.7/6.1 I basically play starting hands that would fall into the loose table guidelines of SSHE. Do I need to start raising AJs, KQs, KJs and QJs from MP with a raise in front of me? Is SSHE chart to tight, I read an archieved post where Miller says if he would make the chart now it would be different. This guy has 117K hands and won't answer, help me, I will. Show me the starting hand chart that will loosen me up. see here http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import
Here is starting hand quiz
Quick raising quiz. Which of these hands would you raise?

1. Two players call to you on the button with QJs.

2. One player calls to you on the button with A9o.

3. Three players call, including the small blind. You have 99 in the big blind.

4. Button limps, small blind calls, and you have A7s in the big blind.

5. One player limps to you in MP with KJo.

6. One player limps. You have 77 in the SB.

The answer was raise them all, well 2 and 5 are not in the SSHE chart. Help me now, I am willing to work at my game
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 AM

without reading the post:

1) call
2) fold or raise
3) check
4) check
5) this is a bit trickier, a bit villan dependant, you could probably make an argument for raising, calling or folding. I probably raise more often
6. hrmmm, probably raise this one.

oh, just got to the bottom of that... well, i guess i fail [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 AM

As for the rest of the post:

Always raise AJs/KQs with no raise infront. I don't know what to do with KJs and QJs, I kinda limp and raise depending on whats happening. Ill raise if i think it will get me the button after a couple of limpers, ill limp other times after a couple of limpers, ill raise after a limper if i think it will thin the field, i will always raise first in.

hope that helps
Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 AM

1. Raise, 2. Raise, 3. check, 4. check, 5. raise, 6. this one can't be answered unless we know where this player limped from and who he is.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 AM

whooo-hooo, the doc mostly agrees with me.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:46 AM

Guys, you did miserable according to Ed Miller (we do treat him with great respect, right)they are all raises, go read the post, how do you get your vpip and pfr up without being on the edge more. http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import