Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM

Default If you 4 bet AK OOP, do you care what flops?

God, I know, broad topic. Today at the 100's, I had the distinct privilege of 4 betting AK, offsuit and suited, OOP, and being cold called, 4 separate times. All four times I had sized my 4 bet to allow a PSB all in on the flop. I know this is not exactly a one-liner answer, and thereby won't be so quickly replied to, but what should I really be thinking about when faced with the flop decision. I almost feel like it might be best to just close my eyes and pull the trigger every single time, but that can't be right. Not a bad beat post at all, I won all 4 one way or another, I just felt like it was a wierd situation that maybe I shouldn't be in, or should have a better idea of what to do than push and pray.

I guess this is why I see guys opening up their 4 bet shove ranges more the higher the limits. If I'm doing more 4 betting the situations will play themselves out, but with my current game I feel like a 4 bet shove from me is going to look like AK face up. But I don't like getting a 3 bettor to fold to my AA/KK shoves, and I feel like I should be playing AK similarly. And I suppose this gets into the thing that has bothered me most in the 3 years I've played, HTF to play TT-QQ, but that's another subject. Anyways, I'm a little lost, point me in the right direction.