Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: 2007-08 North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (San Antonio Here We C

This game had me nervous going in. Glad we got the win. Ellington looked good. I had to run to the store during the game; it always reminds me of my childhood to hear Woody Durham on the radio.

Curry's release reminds me a lot of his dad's. I remember seeing him run around on the court before Hornet games when he was about 3 years old.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This game had me nervous going in. Glad we got the win. Ellington looked good. I had to run to the store during the game; it always reminds me of my childhood to hear Woody Durham on the radio.

Curry's release reminds me a lot of his dad's. I remember seeing him run around on the court before Hornet games when he was about 3 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

very cool
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM

yeah, but it makes me feel old [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Here are my thoughts:

1.) The worst officiated game I've seen in a very long time. I'm not sure who those referees were, but I hope that we never see them again this year. They were awful on both sides and totally dictated the game.

2.) My main concern tonight deals with the lack of getting the ball to the post. Deon, Alex, and Tyler combined for just 12 shots and that simply will not cut it in many games this year. We must look to get the ball inside more.

3.) Bobby Frasor makes this team MUCH better. I just feel very comfortable when he's on the floor and if he can begin to hit the open three then this team gets that much better.

4.) Wayne Ellington shut a lot of people up on this board tonight. If he continues to not only look for his jump shot, but more importantly drive to the basket, he'll be very tough for other teams to match up with.

5.) Very disappointed in Deon tonight. I'm not sure if it was first game jitters or if it was just an off night, but that was a downright awful performance. Poor hands, poor footwork and just a very poor night overall.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are my thoughts:

1.) The worst officiated game I've seen in a very long time. I'm not sure who those referees were, but I hope that we never see them again this year. They were awful on both sides and totally dictated the game.

2.) My main concern tonight deals with the lack of getting the ball to the post. Deon, Alex, and Tyler combined for just 12 shots and that simply will not cut it in many games this year. We must look to get the ball inside more.

3.) Bobby Frasor makes this team MUCH better. I just feel very comfortable when he's on the floor and if he can begin to hit the open three then this team gets that much better.

4.) Wayne Ellington shut a lot of people up on this board tonight. If he continues to not only look for his jump shot, but more importantly drive to the basket, he'll be very tough for other teams to match up with.

5.) Very disappointed in Deon tonight. I'm not sure if it was first game jitters or if it was just an off night, but that was a downright awful performance. Poor hands, poor footwork and just a very poor night overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.

damn, LurchySoprano, great post. are you a UNC beat writer for a small town NC newspaper?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Haha no, just a Carolina fan since birth so 23 years or so. Grew up in a split household (2 Duke fans, 2 UNC fans) so that game was always fun.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM

my friend that lives in charlotte was at the game and said:

agree with all that, especially the officiating. We
were sitting way up and it was easy to see from there.
By the way, this was a tough ticket, some said they
saw people paying 150-250 per seat.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha no, just a Carolina fan since birth so 23 years or so. Grew up in a split household (2 Duke fans, 2 UNC fans) so that game was always fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

you post on IC too right?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you post on IC too right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup under the same name. Do you post over there? Great site for recruiting info, but the boards are rough sometimes.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*exhales*

[/ QUOTE ]

Bilas (I think?) mentioned that Joe Holiday was Steve Hale's high school coach. Very cool, I didnt know that.

Also reminds me of one of the Cameron Crazy chants after Steve Hale punctured a lung. Inhale...Exhale.