Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: call of duty 4

I am really loving this game so far, and I suck really bad at multiplayer. My strategy so far sounds a lot like goofyballer's. I am resisting the urge to camp since it seems like an easy way to get kills, but I don't think it would help me get any better.

I played someone last night worse than me. He had his headset on and was talking to a friend and kept saying things like, "ok, we have to get to a window on the top floor so we can use our sniper rifle". I just kept sneaking up behind him and getting him.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:33 PM

Campaign is redic short, defo sub 5 hours. Although it is so cool, I totally loved the camo sniper mission where you assasinate that guy and lye low in the field while the enemey pass by.

Now just trying to earn the cheats etc.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:12 AM

got it on PC today, my bro said my PC could easily handle the graphics, so i turn on single player and it works great, then decide i wanna play some multiplayer online and it lags like a mofo...its weird because i use the same servers for CS and they run smoothly like 0 choke or loss, but CoD4 was spiking like crazy.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 AM

I just ranked up to level 20 before finally prying the controller out of my hand's clutches for bed.

As if I needed something to occupy any more of my time.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:50 AM

God this game is SO FREAKING GOOD, seriously I haven't even finished campaign yet, have it for PC and have been playing multiplayer.

I'm up to level 43, just got Desert Eagle. I cannot think of a single thing I dislike about this game perhaps maybe the overuse of grenade launchers on some servers.

Anyway, whoever said earlier in the thread that this was the game of the last 5 years is spot on imo (Multiplayer anyhow).
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 AM

guys im stuck on the campaign. at the end of the sniper mission near the ferris wheel, once the helis come in...i get smoked after a a few...i mean there are dudes EVERYWHERE. helps.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 AM

If all of you guys are so [censored] good at this game could you plz help me out with my post above k thx
Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If all of you guys are so [censored] good at this game could you plz help me out with my post above k thx

[/ QUOTE ]

People have offered help. First of all, use the UAV well (if you never get kills to get UAV, switch to TDM). Campers can be annoying, but exploitable. Campers have the tendency to stay in the same spot a lot, hence the name. When you die, watch how you were killed and you can then try to kill them with either a grenade or some other alternative tactic (shoot through walls, find alternate ways of creeping up on him etc).

I'm about level 30 and haven't had any problem with campers. Not that I'm that good, but I don't really encounter them too often, and when I do they are usually pretty bad and easy to take down if you know where they are.

Disclaimer: Haven't played any non death match (TDM and FFA) games yet.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey goofy i feel like you too. bf2 is the only other fps I've played, and I eventually got decent at it, but I sucked for a long time. I got this game this weekend but really haven't played for that long since dying 5 times for every kill i get isn't that much fun. I feel like I'm missing out on something but I'm not sure what it is.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys I'm stuck on the campaign. at the end of the sniper mission near the ferris wheel, once the helis come in...i get smoked after a a few...i mean there are dudes EVERYWHERE. helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just shot some of the men as they come down the ropes. Then some are on the right behind a car, sniper them off easy, then others are still in the field bit (where all the originals come from and where you should lay some claymores or something). I took a position up just to the right of my partner, I was just behind a tree.

You get a lot of men who will just run to a position after another dies there, so be prepared for men to effectively re-spawn. Watch out for grenades too.

When your heli comes just pick up your mate and make a run for it. You should be able to make it alive assuming there aren't men firing closely at you.

I did it on regular, so idk what level you are on but it was kinda daunting but ok for me.