Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today we have the head of the DEA, local prosecutors, and politicians with more discretion over your medical prescriptions than your doctor. If you don't realize that the DEA is hounding pain practitioners then you're not paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am certainly aware that an audit by the DEA of pharmacists or doctors is a huge incentive to prescribe less controlled substances... but at the same time, I have my own personal beliefs about why society shouldn't have narcotics aplenty. So, I believe there should be some regulation of potent, addictive drugs.

But this is a side note to my prescription argument, and obviously I will have to agree to disagree with people who have different basic assumptions on what degree of drug availability society should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

and exactly why should your personal opinions be forced on others?

[/ QUOTE ]
They shouldn't? Did you even read the second paragraph? The one where I explicitly state that I understand others may fundamentally disagree and I'm ok with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still support prohibiting people from deciding what substances they will put into their body? Am I misunderstanding your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in general more drugs should be made freely available (for purchase), but if you think that selling opiates next to the Tylenols at drugstores is a good thing, then that is your prerogative. I'm just stating my beliefs and what I'd like the world to be. You're free to do the same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you support freedom to *think* whatever, just not to *do* whatever?

Wow, that's magnanimous of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

For such an awesome word, it definitly is not used enough.