Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Canīt stop tilting!!!

Hey guys.

I started playing cashgames in augus or something with 50NL (1k br)and moved up pretty fast to NL400 with a bankroll of 9k I was playiong pretty solid but sometimes had this kinda session where I tilt or just cant controll myself at some point I was down back to 3k because I started to tilt really bad after I received a bad beat somekind fo rereraising stuff and so on. I just focused my mind back to controlling myself and was up to 11k after 2 weeks or so (I was playing really well and didnīt start tilting at all after a bad bead or something) right now I am back to 4k again just because I c/c in position with 97s and call down a 7 high board or because I bluff my whole stack on the flop when i reraised with trash. I wasnt doing this kinda things when I was running good but now I play really bad. I just cant focus on every hand like i did a week ago or something. (playing 3 tables!!!) How do you guys controll yourself playing your Agame without making this sort of moves? What type of advice can you give to me? I want to takk 2 days off and start playing 200NL with a fresh head and I hope with my mind focused on good play.

btw: i was playing something about 1k hands/day with 3-4 tables so i was not getting in lots of hands. Plz give me some adivce how to stop this. I think I just need some kind of a click in my mind to stop this bad habbits.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Canīt stop tilting!!!

Discipline is perhaps the most important aspect of Poker, you might have to teach it the hard way, but stick to the 20X buyin rule while learning and maybe time will help you.