Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: 100NL: Deepstacked...Action Killing/Cooler River

Everyone understands the point, it's just not a good one. You are right if you bet $10 the KK might have called. It's not worth it for the times that someone did stay in with A/J or J anything and does call your shove though. Hell even someone overplaying an Ace would probably call this.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone understands the point, it's just not a good one. You are right if you bet $10 the KK might have called. It's not worth it for the times that someone did stay in with A/J or J anything and does call your shove though. Hell even someone overplaying an Ace would probably call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I still don't get is...why would a boat not shove over that small bet? Everyone wants to just shove, but I would assume that the results would end up the same if he has any type of boat. The difference is that, when he has KK, he might pay off $40, but he's not calling a shove.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:11 PM

Everything got there on the river, but there is still a full house.

A loose player is calling you with a straight, a flush, or a broken straight draw that hit aces on the river. He would call 40 or 110 in my opinion. The only hand not calling you on the river is the Ks, which continually got screwed and not has nothing worth betting.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I still don't get is...why would a boat not shove over that small bet? Everyone wants to just shove, but I would assume that the results would end up the same if he has any type of boat. The difference is that, when he has KK, he might pay off $40, but he's not calling a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of villains will fold KK on the river, even for a small bet such as 40. Regardless I agree with your point. Since his range is most likely small since he announced it with his small 3bet preflop, I don't mind betting 40 here and getting possible value from KK here. AJ is pushing and all the other hands we lose to. However, I question the number of times villain will even look up 40 here with KK on that board.